Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Berhinger FCB 1010

Thanks guys, you are great.
How can I know the firmware version of my FCB1010? Any idea?
Salva
Old 05-18-2010, 01:50 PM

When you launch the editor with the FCB already connected it will display the firmware version in the upper right corner.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:26 AM

Is that editor something that comes in the box with the FCB1010? I wanted to download the editor for Mac (the iFCB) but I have to pay 16 bucks...
Old 05-19-2010, 03:30 AM

No, the editor is third-party software. And if you're on a Mac (as I am), you're a little lost. There is the RipWerx editor, which is free. It is written in Java, so it runs on all platforms. However, due to some Java anomalities within Mac OS X it doesn't run acceptably fast on the Mac, it takes forever. No use.
Then there is iFCB which is typical Mac-software. BUT: it doesn't handle the UNO firmware-FCBs, so it only works with the stock FCBs.
What I did in the end was download the Win editor Robert has posted a link to and run it from a virtual machine inside the Mac (Fusion or Parallels). That worked.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:52 AM

Thanks Therealmf, right now I guess I'll keep the stock EPROM as I think I will use just the direct select mode on the pedalboard, and consequently I won't need the stompbox mode (by now, at least). Then I'll try to download the iFCB and let's see what happens...
One day I'll get there!!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 AM

Hi again, now I have the iFCB installed and running, but as I'm a newbie in the MIDI world I'll really appreciate some clues to better understand what I'm doing.
OK, lets say I want to program the patch 01. In the iFCB window I have several things: PC, CC, Switch 1 & 2 and Expression Pedals A & B.
Alright, I don't have any idea of what is "program change" or "control change", so I don't know what to do with that.
What I know is that I'd like to set exp.pedal A to control the Wah within my 11R. In the 11R User Guide (page 108) I can see the Black Wah MIDI controls (that are the same for the shine wah, btw):
Bypass 43
Position 4

But... what is this? Is this PC or CC? What should I do with these numbers? Where should I type them in the control window of the patch 01 of the iFCB?

In the other hand... I'd like to set exp.pedal B to control the Sustain of the Tri-knob Fuzz (which appears in the guide page 112 with the control number 78). Again... how must I program the iFCB to make this?

And, btw, how must I understand the 5 options under Program Change and the 2 options under Control Change and the SW1 and SW2 options under "Switch" label in the control window??

Hey guys, thanks in advance for all your patience with me and all your help!
Peace
Salva
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 AM

Can't answer all of your questions, but maybe some and clarify the procedure:
PC is Program Change, CC is Control Command.
PC means switching the presets ("rigs") of your 11R. I.e. going from preset no.1 to preset no.2
You assign one PC number to each preset of the FCB. If you don't program anything and the FCB is set to its factory settings, it will turn on preset no.1 when you hit switch no.1 and when you go up one bank it will turn on preset no.11 when hitting switch no.1 again. Preset 11 by the way is C3 on the 11R.

The manual of the 11R contains the most important Control Commands the 11R expects for each "knob" (=each single parameter). More details can be found in the 11R under "user options > MIDI reference chart". This lists all parameters of all effects and amps with their respective Midi CC.
Find out which CC is assigned to the sustain parameter of the Fuzz. Then you need to program a switch or an exp pedal on the FCB to send that CC number to the 11R. This can be done through the iFCB, consult the help menu if you don't find out how.
Then this setting must be sent to the FCB (sysex data transmission, should be found in the menu of the iFCB).
If you don't want to have the pedal control the sustain in ALL presets (but just in one), you need to do separate settings for each PC number. The FCB can handle that, it's just quite some work to set it up...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:26 AM

Thanks so much, Therealmf. I'll check all of this in a while and will tell you if I survive to it all. Thanks again!!
Salva
Old 05-20-2010, 03:54 AM

Well, my first problem is that the iFCB doesn't recongnize the pedalboard... Everything is connected (FCB101 MIDI in/out to 11R MIDI in/out), the pedalboard is on, the 11R is on, and even Protools is open... and nothing...
:-(((
Old 05-20-2010, 03:58 AM

Have you checked that the iFCB's input and output settings are correct? It must "see" the MIDI interface (and in this case that's the 11R). You might also want to open up your Audio-MIDI-Setup app in the utilities folder to check if the 11R is recognized and connected properly.