Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-15-2009, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I don't have any info on when it's supposed to be available - let me see if I can find out...

Thank you! A couple quick questions:
1 - what is a template? A sticker to put on the GC or something to help program?
2 - will the display on the GC Pro display what the Eleven Does? example: "REVERB ON"
Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumminsix View Post
1 - what is a template? A sticker to put on the GC or something to help program?
2 - will the display on the GC Pro display what the Eleven Does? example: "REVERB ON"
I'm guessing it will be a Midi Controller personality file Not sure what features it will bring

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I'm guessing it will be a Midi Controller personality file Not sure what features it will bring
I'm a midiot. Would you please say that differently like you are talking to a midiot?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I'm a midiot. Would you please say that differently like you are talking to a midiot?
Hi My Name is Scott and I'm A Midiot

Yeah well me too. We need a 12 step program.

To very loosely parphrase myself. A controller profile would kinda like a peice of middlware or a interpeter.

E.G A lot of control sufaces (digital mixer units) use Midi or something called HUI to translate your moving the fader into something the software can understand. A Command8, JC Cooper CS10, a Mackie HUI and a CML Motormix all do the same thing yet in order to use one you need to load the correct Profile into Pro Tools.

A Template would be more like a set of step by step instructions for manualy setting options in MIDi To let the controller send MIDI information directly into Pro Tools.

I'm sure someone will step in to correct me but hopefully that simplified view will help.

I'm not sure what Digi is planning.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Hi My Name is Scott and I'm A Midiot

I'm sure someone will step in to correct me but hopefully that simplified view will help.
Thank you, Scott! That made sense! Appreciate your breakdown!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
1. The template will be a preset on the GC that is configured specifically to control Eleven Rack.

2. I would assume so, though you shouldn't quote me on that as I do not have any specific info about what kind of functionality the GC will have for Eleven Rack.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 AM

[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] YES!

And the only thing holding me back was that the 11r didn't come with a pedal.
Jeeez I had no idea that this is what the midi connectors could do, WOOFDAOFDAOFDOAfodaodO!!O!O!! YES!

I sense that the 11r is/has gone bananas in terms of sales.

All this baby needs is a Laney.
I get the feeling there are waaaay too many vintage/blues amps, when the kids of today are mostly playing with crunch/dist/gain.
I've heard a few good samples of crunchy tones, but not many compared to the old blues style tones.

My point is that this thing would attract a lot more teenage guitarists and sell like crazy if it had a few more metal amps.

This thing is going to put messa and marshall out of business.

Every time I do a bit more research on the 11R, I am blown away with how much it is capable of.
Congratulations Digidesign, this truly does seem to be the one and only solution that guitarists will ever need.
Aside from our axe's of course.

Kudos Eleven Rack TEAM, HAZAAR!

Now if only I didn't live in Australia, gaaaaaaaah SWIM FASTER SHIP CONTAINING MY 11R!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Any chance of doing a profile for the Liquid foot? especially the Liquid foot Jr.?

the Liquid foot comes with software for Mac and PC -- sooooooo I think this one would be real easy for you guys to create a profile/downloadable file for it (so knuckleheads like me can use it)

http://www.liquid-foot.com/index.shtml

You also cn get a Mission engineering expression pedal (with a switch) optimized for the Liquid foot (example turn wah on/off from pedal like a real wah)

http://www.mission-engineering.com/M...gineering.html

Both of these are very popular with Fractal Axe-Fx owners

Quote:
Not sure why the Ground Control was chosen.

Keep in mind you can use any controller, you'll just have to program it. We'll have a template for the Ground Control specifically coming at a future date.

As for why we didn't do our own foot controller - another good question that I don't have a solid answer to. I'll see if I can dig anything up on that...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
...We'll have a template for the Ground Control specifically coming at a future date.

As for why we didn't do our own foot controller - another good question that I don't have a solid answer to. I'll see if I can dig anything up on that...
Can you better define the "future date" for the Ground Control template?

I think it would be absolutely perfect if Digidesign had their own pedal for the Eleven Rack, as long as it included two control pedals, one for volume and the other for WAH or what ever the user decides to CC control with it. CAT5 would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Keep up the good work Digidesign!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:56 AM

I couldn't wait so ordered a Roland FC300 with great success.