How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesClark1991 View Post
My playback device is the 2i2 via Jack cables. There are no options to change this whilst holding down "N" upon loading Pro Tools.
Wrong - but whatever have a good cubase experience - don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Thumbs down Re: Pro Tools Wont Even Load PATHETIC.

How am I wrong? all other options are disabled :s

You sir, are a very patronizing person, see how far that gets you in life. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not here to bicker like children I just want to be able to do my university work at home, I didn't come here for sarcy comments about how I should've built my PC etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Wont Even Load PATHETIC.

Quote:
Tried disabling aero, same errors.

My playback device is the 2i2 via Jack cables. There are no options to change this whilst holding down "N" upon loading Pro Tools.

and no offence, but I'm not spending another god-damn penny getting this to work, I don't care how in the right you think you are I just spent £200 for the STUDENT edition (which should be free or next to free).

This is driving me insane, it should not be so picky! AVID really need to take a good look at Cubase and get on form.
Why should it be free or next to??? They have a business to run and I am even impressed they have a student discount. Nobody "owes" a student.

Pt has always been picky about systems. This is nothing new and why people come here to help spec builds and avid gives us stickies on the threads for the builds. I put a lot of information above, probably the most your going to get. Until your willing to go through these procedures instead of assuming and shortcuttimg things, there is not much we can do.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Have the latest firmware, it's a very fast and reliable SSD so no worries there.

Bios is up to date, disabled Intel turbo boost there as well.

My RAM should be fine as I run premiere pro/Photoshop/Firefox all at the same time and experience no lag, but I haven't tested them with a program.

I haven't disabled Aero as I highly doubt it would make any difference.

I record my files at a HD studio then transfer them to my SSD via USB stick

I don't have CPTK I just have the student native copy of PT, not sure about memory cache.

96k should not be a problem as I only have 3 tracks on one session and it still gives me access violations

Also, I've read somewhere that only enabling 3 cores can help Pro Tools run smooth (again, God knows why), is this correct?
You are supposed to leave one core available for your os to operate on and then you can jack up your CPU usage to. 90-99% since you is is taken care of. It makes perfect sense.

So you are transferring these files onto your os drive and trying to run them from there??? That very well could be bandwidth issues. Have you tried recording a 96k track?? Honestly I could not see no reason to work this high anyway and would drop them down to 48k (exactly half) on your host. Do you have a 7200 rpm external usb2 drive to try them on??

Do you have an antivirus running? Have you turned off most things in the startup options?? Have you defragged your C: drive?? Have you shut off unnecessary services?? Again go through my last list, you skipped a couple very important things.

Never assume your ram is fine. Did you set the proper speed and latency setting in the bios??

You have a ways to go before you can blame the software I think....

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Thumbs down Re: Pro Tools Wont Even Load PATHETIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
You are supposed to leave one core available for your os to operate on and then you can jack up your CPU usage to. 90-99% since you is is taken care of. It makes perfect sense.

So you are transferring these files onto your os drive and trying to run them from there??? That very well could be bandwidth issues. Have you tried recording a 96k track?? Honestly I could not see no reason to work this high anyway and would drop them down to 48k (exactly half) on your host. Do you have a 7200 rpm external usb2 drive to try them on??

Do you have an antivirus running? Have you turned off most things in the startup options?? Have you defragged your C: drive?? Have you shut off unnecessary services?? Again go through my last list, you skipped a couple very important things.

Never assume your ram is fine. Did you set the proper speed and latency setting in the bios??

You have a ways to go before you can blame the software I think....
Problem is now completely solved, set Windows audio to two channel 96k under the sound control panel restarted and no more problems :)

What a ridiculous fix, didn't find that anywhere in the optimization list. AVID should be appalled.

Thank you for trying to help though :)
Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Why should it be free or next to??? They have a business to run and I am even impressed they have a student discount. Nobody "owes" a student.

Pt has always been picky about systems. This is nothing new and why people come here to help spec builds and avid gives us stickies on the threads for the builds. I put a lot of information above, probably the most your going to get. Until your willing to go through these procedures instead of assuming and shortcuttimg things, there is not much we can do.
Because my good sir, if they are giving it away free and thousands of students are using it in their every day studies what software do you think they're gonna buy after they leave education? the one which they've got 3 years knowledge on? or the competitor which they've barely used.

Hence why Adobe never fixes any of its program cracks, they want people to be used to it so they become the norm, then when you actually some software for business use you go straight to them.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Because my good sir, if they are giving it away free and thousands of students are using it in their every day studies what software do you think they're gonna buy after they leave education? the one which they've got 3 years knowledge on? or the competitor which they've barely used.

Hence why Adobe never fixes any of its program cracks, they want people to be used to it so they become the norm, then when you actually some software for business use you go straight to them.
i guess thats a theory, but in reality it has not been necessary and the price they offer is more than fair.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Problem is now completely solved, set Windows audio to two channel 96k under the sound control panel restarted and no more problems :)

What a ridiculous fix, didn't find that anywhere in the optimization list. AVID should be appalled.

Thank you for trying to help though :)
its not on the avid list because this is an issue with your interface and its drivers (probably asio) not pro tools.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM

There are a whole bunch of folks out there sucessfully using Pro Tools with many different interfaces and computers.

It is not an easy piece of software to get working in it's current state, but I suspect near real-time programs are always going to require some extra care in system configuration.

Since it may be the focusrite driver has anyone contacted focusrite?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:30 PM

Naw that's not it Dave - he said he changed the windows sample rate to 96k that means he probably had the playback engine setup all along as the asio -(and probably doesn't know how to change it back) but I digress its not worth it to bicker with a kid in school - let him get his professor to straighten it out - for god sakes

I always find it amusing when they come along and say - I seriously considering (insert ur favorite other daw here) if avid doesn't get their stuff together !!!! Whatever
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.