Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-31-2023, 11:43 AM

Default Record button on Avid keyboard signals volume, not record/ solution?

Running Protools 12 on Mac OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

Not sure what happened here, but I used to get record function triggered by pressing the record key on my avid protools keyboard.

All that happens now is the volume thing pops up on the screen.

Suggestions?

By the way, this is still happening after shut down and boot up.

Thanks in advance.

Lisa
Old 01-31-2023, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Record button on Avid keyboard signals volume, not record/ solution?

I'm going to assume you mean the numeric F12 key on the keyboard since you can also use numeric keypad #3 to record

In Mac the Function Keys are automatically enabled for Mac functions. The F12 key is pre designed to bring the system volume up.

Go into you Mac Preference ->Keyboard ->check the box "Use F1,F2, etc keys as standard function keys.

If you recently did a system OS update it's possible this became unchecked.

If you're using the #3 numpad key, make sure in Pro Tools prefs in Operation you have Numeric Keypad: Transport selected
Old 01-31-2023, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Record button on Avid keyboard signals volume, not record/ solution?

Awesome its2loud! Yes, you are correct. I am referring to the F12 key. Thank you SO much for those tips. I shall try that immediately!!!