Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 07-04-2016, 04:25 PM

Default Re: What about Core Audio?

I'm past the blame game, it's been about a year since I stopped caring about that.

I just would like for it to work....Yosemite has been out in the wild for 2.5 years now
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post
Yet every other piece of audio hardware we have here works perfectly fine with everything... only our HDX/HDIO units are not.

How is that not AVID's fault?
You have every reason to be feeling that way Tundra, there are great numbers of us in a similar boat, and it's not just HDX users either. When I chose to purchase the latest Avid Audio Interface at the time ie; the MBox 3 Pro. This was chosen in the belief that it would be something Avid would support pedantically. A few short months later (ie; when Yosemite came out) , I was stressed to find out that my Native Instrument hardware, plus some other N.I associated software, plus my Audiofile TRIUMPH software would no longer work on my New Avid Interface due to the AVID's broken Core Audio driver..., this infuriated me even more as the months (now years) went by without a fix.

What infuriates me is (same as you commented on Tundra) Every other DAW and piece of software out there works fine except for Avid Core Audio ..., and

- It infuriates me that AVID have done nothing in over 2 years to fix it,
- It infuriates me more that in December 2015, AVID promised to finally fix it "within the next update"

- but since then (ie; seven months ago) we have seen quite a few updates go by without the FIX promised from AVID ?

So what has become of the promise to fix Avid Core Audio ? ..., Is it unfair to assume that AVID's promise to fix Core Audio has amounted to nothing more than a pack of Lies? ..., as so far it can only appear that way,

If so .., when you see a company LIE in your face so blatantly .., what hope or belief can you have that they (AVID) will maintain satisfactory support both now and in the future (regarding Pro Tools and their other products) ?

You know the ol' saying ..., A man is only as good as his word.
Pro Tools 2018.1 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.3.0 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Sierra 10.12.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D300 2048Mb * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 (Broken !!! - shyte support from Blackmagic Singapore > A-Holes) * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 07-04-2016, 09:43 PM

I don't know... I do know that I spent $500 and bought an Apollo Twin Solo. I use it with Logic and for iTunes. The Pre Amps sound great and I have several good ones to compare them with. I can also go line in and use my neves, or any of the others, if I want. And I can use it on my laptop with Pro Tools. Sounds great there, too.

I think there is less and less reason to buy Avid hardware. Unless you need more than 32 in and out.

Steve