Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM

Default Fade Bug . Has This been covered ?

I did some searching but couldn't find anything on this . Wondering if it has been a topic already b/c I've been away for a month.
Put a fade on a region . Drag it all the way to the beginning of the region . Now zoom in as far as you can and you'll see that the fade won't go all the way to the beginning of the region . So if you went to consolidate this region and didn't know this , it would create two regions . I found this out b/c I like to create my own printed click track using a sample as opposed to using a click plug . I picked my sample , trimmed , fade and consolidate so it would rename my region and then paste / repeat to end of song . Obviously everything got screwy from there . My workaround is the as simple as selecting that little sliver before consolidation but it's still annoying.
Oh 1 more thing since this is on topic on bugs / making a click track from sample.....If you want make a click track like I do ( and have it adjust to your tempo after the fact ) you need to set it to Ticks AFTER you paste or opt + R ( repeat ) the click / clicks for sub division . If you set it to Ticks BEFORE you select area and hit opt + R it will then make you repeats of selection off by a sliver that is so small it is not measured by PT but is noticeable to the eye . It won't start falling off til about 1/2 way through a 4 min click set to 120 bpm but from there on it gets a little worse . Again , if you set it to ticks after the repeat there is no issue.

ps. Could someone please post a link to explain to me what the 48k tracking issue is ? I can't seem to find it but I've heard of few members bring it up briefly . Thanks
Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Fade Bug . Has This been covered ?

Here's a lnk to the 48kHz issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire

This weird midi issue: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=294462

And the bug that causes audio to be placed too early/late when tracking at 48kHz on 002/003 in 8.0.4 and above: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284457
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...z+issue&page=2
Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Fade Bug . Has This been covered ?

Thanks !