Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-10-2020, 08:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: S1, Dock, Avid Control Logic Pro X bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgam View Post
I am on latest version of Logic. Also reminder the same screen occurs on Sweetwater S1 demo using Protools suggesting it might be Eucon.
There are multiple issues being discussed in this thread..ahhh
Old 03-12-2020, 02:14 PM

interesting. When I use the console1 alone I don't have any issues at all. At least that I can see from my end. But that doesn't explain why I get the exact same issue on my 2016 MacBook Pro which has a fresh install of logic and no other plugins.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:15 PM

any new developments on this?
Old 04-18-2020, 06:29 AM

From what I have consistently read on here and other forums, I really think just using a magic track pad or mouse is the best answer.

Its a never ending game of catch up with firmware, os, divers etc etc...

Just my humble opinion, if there was a control surface which was class compliant with touch sensitive motorised faders that worked with Logic & Pro Tools, then I would consider it.
But its not gonna happen, I have lost too much time and money on this in the past, I moved to just the track pad a couple of years ago, best decision I have ever made, and I am still reading of ongoing issues, I am working and writing with none of those issues.

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnycheeba View Post
any new developments on this?
Avid customer support got back to me that they cannot replicate this - so no fix in play.

I just have to avoid Config (ie selecting plugins) and I avoid the freezing and need to restart Eucon every few minutes.

Again I am in Logic and current everything (Logic, IOS, iPad, eucon/firmware) and happens with all setups - just control app on ipad with wifi, with s1 and ipad and with dock with ipad and with all together and ipad's on wifi or wired with no wifi with camera kit.

Restarting Eucon always fixes it.

I suspect less complaining about it because people use their mouse/trackpad for plugin etc selection and use S1/Dock/Control more for softkeys, volume faders, pans, send faders and fader automation and transport. And so perhaps are not playing with config or channel mode in general. Or they have inserts loaded in template already.

For me the fact that Eucon sees Logic's insert and instrument folders for easy selection with Config (as opposed to MCU) was an important feature as I try to be mouse-less as much as possible to stay tactile/creative.

My original post with my version of Logic problem http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...88#post2556488
Old 04-20-2020, 11:37 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgam View Post
Avid customer support got back to me that they cannot replicate this - so no fix in play.

I just have to avoid Config (ie selecting plugins) and I avoid the freezing and need to restart Eucon every few minutes.

Again I am in Logic and current everything (Logic, IOS, iPad, eucon/firmware) and happens with all setups - just control app on ipad with wifi, with s1 and ipad and with dock with ipad and with all together and ipad's on wifi or wired with no wifi with camera kit.

Restarting Eucon always fixes it.

I suspect less complaining about it because people use their mouse/trackpad for plugin etc selection and use S1/Dock/Control more for softkeys, volume faders, pans, send faders and fader automation and transport. And so perhaps are not playing with config or channel mode in general. Or they have inserts loaded in template already.

For me the fact that Eucon sees Logic's insert and instrument folders for easy selection with Config (as opposed to MCU) was an important feature as I try to be mouse-less as much as possible to stay tactile/creative.

My original post with my version of Logic problem http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...88#post2556488
You dont say if restarting Logic fixes it or not ?
Old 04-22-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
You dont say if restarting Logic fixes it or not ?
Away from my gear for the month - will try when I get back. Is that helpful if Logic restart also fixes it?
Old 04-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Avid

Yes, the knobsets come from the DAW.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:29 PM

Hi Eddie, Sjgam seems to be reporting the exact issue that I'm having. I've isolated this down to a new macbook pro with a fresh OS and Logic without any 3rd party software/plugins. I'm not sure how you guys are unable to replicate the issues. It seems to be quite a consistent with freezing or crashing Logic.

I just got off the phone with Apple support for Logic Pro and they are saying that you guys have to contact them directly in order to fix any issues/bugs with the S1 crashing Logic. Not sure if it was discussed in this thread, but I believe via the support ticket from you guys I was told to contact Apple about it.

So to sum things up. I have used a fresh installed version of Mac OS and Logic on a laptop that has no 3rd party plugins (no console1) or software and the exact same issues happened.

Issues -

1. Logic will crash when adding plugins via the S1 interface (as shown in the videos provided). Shift + Config to add plugins to tracks. Usually, the crash will happen after I add the 2nd or 3rd plugin. This recently updated to Catalina 10.15.5 and Logic 10.5.1 and am getting the same bugginess and crashes that I had before.

2. Buggy response from S1. unresponsive back button etc.

Some questions from me.

1. Have you all tested Logic Pro X with the S1 and have you been able to add 5-8 plugins via the config button without Logic crashing or the s1 freezing?

2. Can you guys contact Apple and get this issue resolved?

3. Is there anything else I can do to help?

Thanks for your time Eddie. I believe in the s1 being a killer product and I hope we can figure this out.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:34 PM

Hello, are these issues are now fixed? I am thinking about investing in Dock, but I am working in Logic Pro X 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnycheeba View Post
Hi Eddie, Sjgam seems to be reporting the exact issue that I'm having. I've isolated this down to a new macbook pro with a fresh OS and Logic without any 3rd party software/plugins. I'm not sure how you guys are unable to replicate the issues. It seems to be quite a consistent with freezing or crashing Logic.

I just got off the phone with Apple support for Logic Pro and they are saying that you guys have to contact them directly in order to fix any issues/bugs with the S1 crashing Logic. Not sure if it was discussed in this thread, but I believe via the support ticket from you guys I was told to contact Apple about it.

So to sum things up. I have used a fresh installed version of Mac OS and Logic on a laptop that has no 3rd party plugins (no console1) or software and the exact same issues happened.

Issues -

1. Logic will crash when adding plugins via the S1 interface (as shown in the videos provided). Shift + Config to add plugins to tracks. Usually, the crash will happen after I add the 2nd or 3rd plugin. This recently updated to Catalina 10.15.5 and Logic 10.5.1 and am getting the same bugginess and crashes that I had before.

2. Buggy response from S1. unresponsive back button etc.

Some questions from me.

1. Have you all tested Logic Pro X with the S1 and have you been able to add 5-8 plugins via the config button without Logic crashing or the s1 freezing?

2. Can you guys contact Apple and get this issue resolved?

3. Is there anything else I can do to help?

Thanks for your time Eddie. I believe in the s1 being a killer product and I hope we can figure this out.