Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2010, 12:03 AM

Default HD users and CPT

Im an HD user, but I have a mobile LE system. Have you guys over at avid ever thought about offering HD users with registered hardware a free download (or at least dicounted price) of the CPT? I really think it would be a lot of help for studios that bounce between LE to HD systems now adays...Just a thought. :P
Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 AM

Default Re: HD users and CPT

The CPTK was created for Lucasfilm when they told Digi they were done buying HD rigs but were willing to pay $2000/seat for a specific list of LE features. If it doesn't serve your needs or doesn't match your budget, that's your problem, bub.

(Don't worry...I personally think the CPTK should be included free with the MBox micro myself... )
Old 09-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Im just saying that they deliberately take out those features with LE to balance out the value of HD systems. If youve purchased an HD system, havnt you purchased those software features already? To me wheather its on an HD or LE system, its all the same, I should be able to use them on any of my systems. Just my opninion.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyImportant View Post
Im just saying that they deliberately take out those features with LE to balance out the value of HD systems. If youve purchased an HD system, havnt you purchased those software features already? To me wheather its on an HD or LE system, its all the same, I should be able to use them on any of my systems. Just my opninion.
Im with ya on this.... sort of. I would like just one version of Pro Tools (no HD, LE, M-Powered) that has all available features and works with any of the approved interfaces.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
The CPTK was created for Lucasfilm when they told Digi they were done buying HD rigs but were willing to pay $2000/seat for a specific list of LE features. If it doesn't serve your needs or doesn't match your budget, that's your problem, bub.

(Don't worry...I personally think the CPTK should be included free with the MBox micro myself... )
<palpatine>

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</palpatine>

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Im with ya on this.... sort of. I would like just one version of Pro Tools (no HD, LE, M-Powered) that has all available features and works with any of the approved interfaces.
I think that the LE or HD lines should only refer to as the hardware, and not software. This would be one way that Avid can get their groove back if this was to happen.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 09-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
<palpatine>

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</palpatine>
Yeah. A lot of our problem with this company is that at the end of meetings, they don't ask, "What will the hobo's think?" They instead ask, "What will Lucasfilm think?" That and those like that are who they see as paying their bills, and all policies and prices will be designed to make sense for them and not us. Even though we outnumber and likely collectively outspend them many fold.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Yeah. A lot of our problem with this company is that at the end of meetings, they don't ask, "What will the hobo's think?" They instead ask, "What will Lucasfilm think?" That and those like that are who they see as paying their bills, and all policies and prices will be designed to make sense for them and not us. Even though we outnumber and likely collectively outspend them many fold.
But George has at least one tool on Avid's board of directors

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
But George has at least one tool on Avid's board of directors
The fact AVID is trading at, rather than under, book value, should be taken as a sign the BoD is maximizing shareholder value?

It's hard to make it worse. Optimism!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 AM

I guess Avid agreed with us guys! This is awesome news, going to make life alot easier for us who use both LE and HD interfaces.