Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Default cyclic redundancy error on pro tools 8 le on vista

Hello, I need your help everyone... :) I just installed pro tools 8 m box pro and I am getting a cyclic redundancy DAD data2 error. I wanted to know what I need to do to install on vista. I have looked at the disc and cleaned it and it does not appear to have any scratches on it. I wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and how to get past it.

I also need to know where to got and get a downlaoadable version. I read other forum support pages and they said to go to MYDIGI. When I go there I can't see pro tools 8; I only see the upgrade. I also wanted to tell you that I purchased it from guitarcenter.com, so can I get a downloadable verion from MYDIGI? Thanks so much in advance for all your help
Lou

Last edited by smoochdaddy; 11-01-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Default Re: cyclic redundancy error on pro tools 8 le on vista

If you see Pro Tools 8 "upgrade", it is actually the full installer. This is the basis for much confusion(and its understandable).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM

I just downloaded the pro tools update 8 and it was not the full pro tools 8 version. It was the full update version though, not a full pro tools 8 version. It asked me for pro tools 8 install first. I can't get my full version of pro tools 8 install to work. Does anyone know where to get the pro tools 8 version download on mydigi. Or if anyone has had the cyclic redundancy error in windows vista.
Lou.

Last edited by smoochdaddy; 11-01-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM

It's been several months since I installed 8 . But if they're doing it the same way you need to register the number for what ever version you own and they will send you a new verification number to download Vista 8, then you can update to 8.0.1(hope this info is still valid)
Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 AM

I have installed pro tools install disc and tried it with out the data files and also with the creative pluggins package. I tried to look where to down load the pro tools 8 full version (not the update) for vista. I am getting this install data error that is saying cyclic redundancy error data.2. Does anyone know?
Lou