Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 05-11-2002, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone else hoping for HD exchange extension?

I have a working HD system. It works great, and it's so much more powerful from the now dinky mix system.

You need to get off your ass and do your homework. Stop complaining and playing the victim to Digi's evil corporate ways.

I'm loving my system and making big bucks with it. My mixes sound better, I have sooo much more DSP, and it NEVER crashes.

The digital i/o was never in the upgrade options? So what.

Buy a Unitor interface. It works with Logic when it comes. Which isn't too far away (and btw, OMF transfer into Pro tools with Logic 5 works for the time being, but I understand lack of Logic is holding people back).

My new dual gig Mac is gonna work great with OS X and Pro Tools.

iLok was a pain, but now it's working. I have almost all my old auths still on floppies, except the paid upgraded plugins. Every plugin I use except Sans Amp is working in HD.

So have fun with your mix system.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by uno1234:

You need to get off your ass and do your homework.

My mixes sound better, I have sooo much more DSP, and it NEVER crashes.

The digital i/o was never in the upgrade options? So what.

My new dual gig Mac is gonna work great with OS X and Pro Tools.

So have fun with your mix system.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've done my homework! I had it sorted two weeks after it was all announced!

Mixes sound better. GOOD. THIS time I would like to hear this for myself before I upgrade. My OS8.6 system never crashes.... almost [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The digital I/O is now in the upgrade but it wasn't last week. This has changed the look of the upgrade for many people.

Dual processors. Good the Dual G4 400 people are still waiting for support. They did the right thing and now they are a generation behind with no support. Will you ever get that second processor up with PT.

You have 99.9% of your plugs. This is good!!

I do enjoy my Mix plus, even all the way over here in Australia. I have spare DSP and it is growing each week as I turn the plugs OFF in favour of hardware.

Still HD with 16 in and out in one box with a quality clock and time stamped Midi I/O and OSX support will make a lot of sense.

I'll upgrade when all the hardware finally gets here. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2002, 02:44 PM

Yea, we're also too involved in several large projects right now to upgrade. We have compromised to getting a new G4 (from G3) with an obvious OS upgrade from 8.6, a PT upgrade form 5.0.1, another Mix Farm card, a new apogee convertor and Avalon mic pre, for now until were done with these. (a yea, and a new M-149)
We just don't want to learn a new system until we have some time. I'd be nice if they extend the time frame.

BTY: we are looking for a TDM Mix Farm card, if anyone want to sell one.

Turn Me Up!™ – Sign Up Now to Bring Dynamics Back to Music (www.TurnMeUp.org)
Old 05-12-2002, 04:17 PM

Out of all the plug-ins available for PT, what percentage of them are HD ready? The last plug-in cataloge I got was pretty thick, there's a lot out there.

More time Digi!!!

Yea, part of me says it would be unfair to someone who made the deadline. But what is fair. As long as everybody gets what they want and are happy who cares about whether you got it before or after a certain date. In the end wouldn't everybody have gotten a good deal?
Old 05-12-2002, 09:23 PM

Dr. J:

I have some MIX hardware for sale. I will contact you via email.
(970) 663-1650
InSight Sound Web Page