Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2001, 03:27 PM

Default floppy authorization must die !

I just upgraded my mac to a G4, and have had the usual authorization nightmares, but have overcome them thanks to the excellent customer support from McDsp, Metric Halo, Waves, Serato and others who have all sorted me out. However..none of my Digi supplied mixpack stuff works any more, as my USB FDD won't deathorize (it authorized fine BTW) Lets think about this...so Apple hasn't made a mac with a floppy drive for 3 yrs..and considering you can't even BUY a VST FDD in the UK (for two weeks so far..)and now my D2, D3,Dverb,Ampfarm, etc are all totally useless. Great. If anyone knows where I can buy/borrow one PLEASE let me know ! While digi are pissing me off, the UK service is ****e. I tried to get an ADAT bridge upgraded and took weeks for them to even bother to get back to me. Crap. Starting to remind me of Steinberg. Ugh ! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

mixing coach
Old 09-30-2001, 03:29 PM

Default Re: floppy authorization must die !

STEINBERG ! You hear me ?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

mixing coach
Old 09-30-2001, 04:31 PM

Appreciate your problems - but I'm in the UK and got a VST floppy no problem - check http://www.computer2000.co.uk/aboutc...alerSearch.asp

They are the UK distributors, you enter your town and they list resellers that re-sell the products they distribute - including the VST drive - I got it next day delivery in the early summer from somewhere in Edgware (London).

Hope this helps - I did tell Paul Pavely about this dealer, so I'd have thought he could have helped you.

Understand you're upset (I would be too) but I personally think Dan, Andy and Paul at Digi UK offer very, very good service - maybe you just caught each other on a bad day!

Best of luck

Pete
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2001, 07:27 AM

Cheers ! Maybe I'm being too harsh on Digi. Still love PT..

mixing coach
Old 10-01-2001, 04:29 PM

No problem!

Nice to hear - so few people are here to praise.

One word of warning on the VST drives - I seem to have to unplug and replug in when I turn on the machine to get the drive 'seen' - other users have reported this too.

Oh, and another thing - you have the choice of colour when you buy these things, or the multi-colour pack which is about £10-15 (from memory) dearer, hold out for a single colour, when I got mine only the multi colour were in stock so I got one of these, and all you get is the same drive with a series of plastic sheets to clip over the case - not very impressive!

Good luck

Pete