Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 02-14-2017, 02:32 AM

Default PT HD 12.7 Error

Hi,
I installed IK Multimedia compressor and then I realised that they forced me to install all of them plugins in demo versions so I run dedicated uninstaller and cleared them all. I was checking plugins via Reaper and haven't touch Pro Tools until I completely removed them. After that Pro Tools doesn't run - it displays this communicate when launching

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/194038/ProTools/DFW/Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1627.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.).

Any ideas what could went wrong and how to repair it?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:52 AM

Default Re: PT HD 12.7 Error

As for what went wrong, I have no idea. Repairing though, is easy (though time-consuming): You just clean install your operating system and install PT :)
Old 02-23-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
As for what went wrong, I have no idea. Repairing though, is easy (though time-consuming): You just clean install your operating system and install PT :)
Thanks for responding to our friend but your advice is not helpful to say the least.

I came here as I had the same problem today, (Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/194038/ProTools/DFW/Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1627.) saw your advice JFreak and thought what the hell? It can't be that drastic... Reinstall everything?

Anyhow, as it turned out, my audio setup had changed and the playback engine was set incorrectly because of the changes thus giving the error message. If you check the top of the screen protools menus should still be visible, select the playback engine setting under : Setup > playback engine - at the top of the playback engine window you will see a pull down menu which displays which options are available to you under the playback engine. Choose the appropriate setting then press ok.

I had to reselect pro tools aggregate i/o under the hardware menu as it wasn't showing up after my regular device was disabled due to transportation purposes.

Whole process finished faster than writing this post. 2 minutes or so.

I hope this proves more helpful for others who come across the same problem.
If not here is a youtube video from a while back which may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSi10NAkpTE
Old 03-01-2017, 03:55 PM

I had the same message however it did not occur involving plugins. What I did instead of wiping my computer, I updated Pro Tools and then checked the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O settings in the Audio/Midi Setup in the Mac OS. I didn't have it on the proper settings and so that's why it gave me that message. I switched to the proper settings. and Bingo, Pro Tools loaded properly.

Hope it Helps.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Hi, welcome to the community. Yes, reinstalling PT was what I meant
Old 03-03-2017, 10:10 AM

You can also start PT with the N Key held downand choose the interface you use when prompted and see if the error goes away.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM

Turns out the issue is taking some piece of hardware offline (in my case, an Apollo Twin), and the Pro Tools Aggregate was still pointing to the offline device in AMS. Once I reset it to point to built-in input/output, it all worked again. Didn't have to do anything with respect the Hardware Setup Dialog inside Pro Tools.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 AM

Hello,

Since High Sierra, I've got this message :

Impossible de réaliser votre demande car Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/212373/ProTools/AAE/Source/AAX/CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 822.

And impossible to open it.

Any suggestions ?
Old 10-20-2017, 11:46 PM

I am getting the same error message. Pro Tools 12.8 Windows 10. New laptop, fresh install. I can't seem to find the file that is causing the error message though.

I am wondering if deleting that file would help at all? Obviously, make a backup of it before you try.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:32 PM

Hi,

Any luck on this issue with MAC Sierra?

I'm having the same issue as well, tried some solutions posted here but no luck.

Can't even open PRO Tools.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrassez View Post
Hello,

Since High Sierra, I've got this message :

Impossible de réaliser votre demande car Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/212373/ProTools/AAE/Source/AAX/CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 822.

And impossible to open it.

Any suggestions ?