Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Please Digi. I wouldn\'t mind paying for this!!

Im currently running on PT 6.7 HD2 on a G5 dual 2 gig and 8 gigs of ram. I want to get a Mac pro and upgrade all my software, but is reluctant to do so becuase of all the bugs that my colleages have, like import from workspace result in not being able to save.

No I know that there is work arrounds for most of these problems in the DUC.But PlEASE SUPPLY A VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!
Instead of bringing out PT 7.3 with new features, just bring out 7.3 with no bugs, I'll pay for that.
Instead of the Digi team working on more features, let them work on bringing out a stable , bug free version, Im sure that everyone will buy it.
Its no good having milions of new features, but you can't save your work, or you can't do any work becuase your machine is unstable.
We are losing clients here, and struggle to get them back, they would rather go work at a studio with Nuendo, thats stable, no matter how good you are!

PLEASE I BEG YOU FOR A STABLE VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020 Mac Pro 16 Core
386 GB Ram

www.louisenslin.com
Old 09-18-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Please Digi. I wouldn\'t mind paying for this!!

Quote:
We are losing clients here, and struggle to get them back, they would rather go work at a studio with Nuendo, thats stable, no matter how good you are!

PLEASE I BEG YOU FOR A STABLE VERSION WITH NO BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi. You're loosing clients?? and you're using 6.7 i found 6.7 and 6.9 to be very very reliable! i did 3 albums on 6.9 with not one crash in 8 months!? i suggest you go through the troubleshooting thread and try to find what is your problem!

And for the heads up on 7.2. i find it very stable and the few small bugs have easy work-arounds.

Knowing how to setup your computer and software is just as important as knowing how to operate it!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 PM

I am currently working on a large film where we have 3 HD systems locked via Midi over ethernet with all machines running at 96/24. They have been running with SCSI and driving VVTR. Now we have had NO CRASHES for 3 weeks on any system, nothing that has slowed our workflow. This is on sessions that have more than 160 tracks (even though we can only play 96 tracks at one time) We even recorded and played back over 80 tracks to a single SCSI drive (OK it is a 15k Seagate but it is still amazing) Our only real bug is related to playlists not tracking properly when you add to an existing group. But I would say, go for it. We made sure we got a fast machine and created a fresh system, and followed ALL of the Digidesign recommendations in the troubleshooting section and we have 3 rock solid systems.
my 2c
Simon L.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Software as complicated as Pro Tools will never be bug free.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:27 PM

Yes, but perhaps the known bugs could be dealt with more quickley.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:36 PM

Im still fine on PT 6.7, it is very stable, but my colleages aren't , they all on 7.1, and have endless trouble with crashes, not want to save ect. And as for work arounds, bugger that, Digi keeps on bringing out new features that doesn't work properly, then you have to use a work around.We basically paying for a defective product

I would love to stay on PT 6.7, but I need to upgrade my computer to a mac pro, so I'll have to jump to PT 7.2.

All im actually asking , is for Digi to bring out a version with all knowns bugs fixed, no new features, just all known bugs fixed, so that we wount have to pay for a upgrade with new features, that we cant use as intended (work arounds)
Thats all
2020 Mac Pro 16 Core
386 GB Ram

www.louisenslin.com
Old 09-19-2006, 12:55 AM

Hey,

maybe you should stick to one thread, rather than posting a thread more than once. Tell your friends not to add audio files from the "finder browser", but through "import audio". You should read your other thread, people have answered that thread already. Tech Support wrote there that they are working on a fix.

Digi knows it's a bug, so tell your friends that they should work around it. There's no use ignoring the bug and then complaining that you can't save!

For me, 7.2 is an amazing upgrade. It is extremely stable and the new features have actually made work faster (just to mention the multiple editable movie option) and more client friendly.

Timothy
Old 09-19-2006, 07:09 AM

Pro Tools is so expensive already without paying for fixing all the bugs.