Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 03:26 PM

Default PT6 OSX 001 bug reports go here--->

Someone did this for the TDM forum. Seems like a good idea.

I just got PT6 today and loaded it in my G4/466. Install went smoothly. Then I popped out my IDE drive from the G3, popped it in the G4 and crossed my fingers.

So far the sessions I tried opened and played. Just that the first time you open a 5.x session it asked you about verifying disk allocation.

Next was the keyboard and midi config... forget it. The sessions I opened with midi tracks just played automatically with the Roland RS5 I have hooked up. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I did notice I'm hearing some white noise type of hissing when you change between edit and mix window. Its less when I pull down the keyboard volume. But still there somewhat. I never had this with 5.x So I'm guessing its some sort of software bug. I'll report more as I dig in tonight.

I have a new 1.25 dual on order so we'll see what happens with that too.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Re: PT6 OSX 001 bug reports go here--->

This might be beating a dead horsie but one MAJOR bug with the DD drivers is that it disables the 'sleep' functionality from the Apple menu, and yes, this has NOTHING to do with the energy panel settings to 'never'. Manually selecting 'sleep' from the Apple menu SHOULD ALWAYS put the Mac to sleep. As DD drivers broke this functionality, it is a bug, a HUGE bug. And worse of all, when I spoke with DD today, they told me that this is such a low priority that they will likely NOT even try to fix it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by birdFEEDER:
it is a bug, a HUGE bug
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It may not be ideal, but here's what you do:

Turn on your computer and use it when you need it...then turn it off when you don't.

See my sig. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the sarcasm Chris, but it doesn't fix the bug. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So it is acceptable behavior for an app to go around disabling features of your OS you are cool with that? I happen to use SLEEP all the time. Rebooting simply takes to long just to check email and such.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:22 PM

Had an MBox system refuse to launch until the Digi databases were trashed. Have had random bursts of white noise happening on both MBox and Digi001 systems. Random times, multiple files, doesn't appear in the waveform, and the audio files play fine in other appllications. No window switching or other activity going on at the time...just playing.

imho, automatically creating directories on all mounted volumes is also a "bug"...or at the very least ill-behaved and a design flaw.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:05 PM

Ouch! If this bug isn't fixed, I might not jump up to 6...I have a PB 667 rev.3 aka "The Leafblower" I need to sleep my PB sometimes when the fan kicks on while I'm in rehearsals or the theatre and don't need immediate access to PT... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Please fix this one Digi! And no, I'm not buying one of the quiter PB's as it's not exactly in my budget to do so...
San Diego, CA
Old 02-19-2003, 06:19 PM

Okay this is weird...

I spent a few hours on PT6 and the only real annoying thing so far... is this buzzy white zipper noise that gets interrupted with mouse movements or menu selections or any interface action. Then the noise instantly reappears. It sounds like the cpu's fan coming through maybe. When I quite PT6 I get the noise WITH mouse movement (just the opposite). I CAN"T hear the noise however thru the 001 headphone jack. This seems to just be coming thru the monitor outs jacks on the 001 but is somehow effected by the interaction of the software.

G4/466 384ram
IBM Deskstar for audio
OS 10.2.3/PT6

I've tried unplugging everything from the 001 except the monitors. I moved the 001 PCI card. I took the IDE drive out and it still happens with the OEM internal [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 07:34 PM

EVERYTIME i switch from 5 to 6 and vice versa ALL my midi channels get switched to "all" and i have to go back and manually set the send and receive channels [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ,am i the only one?if so what should i do to make this stop?..other than that annoyance everything is awesome on 6,this problem keeps me in 5 so i can get work done instead of fixing midi i/o.oh and my plug-ins come in handy to [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:02 PM

While the DUC is a nice place for us to talk with each other, there's no guarantee the "right" Digi people get the message about bugs.

May I suggest, in addition to the DUC, that you post your bug report by clicking here.

That way, we report everything we need to, in a consistent manner, and the problem goes to the people who can actually fix it. There's nothing like a flurry of "real" bug reports about a specific issue to get engineering's attention.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by birdFEEDER:
This might be beating a dead horsie but one MAJOR bug with the DD drivers is that it disables the 'sleep' functionality from the Apple menu, and yes, this has NOTHING to do with the energy panel settings to 'never'. Manually selecting 'sleep' from the Apple menu SHOULD ALWAYS put the Mac to sleep. As DD drivers broke this functionality, it is a bug, a HUGE bug. And worse of all, when I spoke with DD today, they told me that this is such a low priority that they will likely NOT even try to fix it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not sure what you are taling about. I installed PTLE 6 under OS X 10.2.4 and there is no disabling of my sleep functions. I have a Quicksilver Dual 800 G4 w/1.5 gig RAM. I am able to put the computer to sleep both while PT was open and also when is not open.

encephalon
Lush Music