Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 08:19 PM
Avid

Default Bounce question (is this a bug or a feature)

Did some real simple vo stuff recently only to get burned in the end. Mono VO track Mono Master Fader. Few basic plugs on mast fader ie comp limiter. Everything sounded great. No overs. 888 CH 1 & 2 are hitting just bellow 0db. Bounced to disk (mono file) only to find all files are clipped. My digi rep sez this is the way it is and the work around is to pan all material to one output before the bounce. Now I'm listening to everything out of 1 speaker. It seems the mix bus is combining Outputs 1 & 2 on the bounce. This is very misleading and cost me some valuable time on a late Fri afternoon w/ deadline looming. What's up w/ this bug - feature? Live and learn baby - sometimes the hard way!
DS [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2001, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Bounce question (is this a bug or a feature)

Doug -

Why not just use a stereo master fader and have your mono tracks panned to center? When you burn to CD, you effectively get a two-chanel mono representation.

Regardless, the way I work around the mono listening thing is to hit the MONO button on my board. Hopefully your board can do this [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img].

Hope this helps!

Bruce
Old 06-22-2001, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Bounce question (is this a bug or a feature)

We've run into the same thing, but our Digi help was not as thorough as yours.

Thanks for the tip!

- Loomage

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: loomster ]