Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 02-28-2014, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Aux Inputs and Latency Compensation - something's not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman View Post
The problem with printing tracks is that you can't do that until the very end of the writing process. In the meantime, how do you write and mix, with half your tracks out of time?
I'm trying to avoid my outboard Synths as much as possible. When I'm almost finished with arranging a song, I replace some of the VI-Synths by HW-Synths and record them and hope that they won't have to be changed anymore

Quote:
I spend half my time tweaking manual delay offsets on all the tracks which a re affected by MIDI automation, because whenever a plugin is added or removed on the tracks in quesation, or on any other tracks, such that it affects overall system delays, or delays on a specific bus or group, you have to change all the manual offsets to reflect the changes.
Yes - same here.

Quote:
It's a major PITA to the point where in some sessions which are heavily automated, it becomes almost unworkable.

Sorry to rant, but AVID really need to start taking these issues more seriously, engaging with their users, many of whom have invested tens of thousands in their products, in order to get things running smoothly. This simply isn't good enough.

Jules
+1
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 03-01-2014, 12:23 PM

This bug has existed in PT 11.0 when it was release in June. The beta testing team was clearly asleep and should have caught this bug. it is very clear Avid no longer listens to there customers anymore. As a long time (25+ year) customer this is clear case of totally "dropping the ball"
But in the big picture Avid has real problems as they are 90-120 days from bankruptcy. So bug fixes are real low priority until someone takes over.
Releasing pro tools from hardware has not made Avid any money it has only cost them even more losses.
I got another 5-6 years before I can retire I was just hoping that this mess would have happened later on. The writing is on the wall at there NO VISIONARY'S left at Avid the see what is a plain as day as to what is going on.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
But in the big picture Avid has real problems as they are 90-120 days from bankruptcy.
I don't know what information you are privy to that I am not, but I doubt the accuracy of that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
I got another 5-6 years before I can retire I was just hoping that this mess would have happened later on. The writing is on the wall at there NO VISIONARY'S left at Avid the see what is a plain as day as to what is going on.
I understand the frustration. I have a certain amount of frustration as well (video engine problems), but I am focusing on how to minimize that frustration (using PT10 for video projects).

This ADC goof is indeed a serious bug, and needs to be addressed. Until then, it might be helpful for those of us who commonly process the multi-out VIs to list the lowest-ADC plug-ins. If anything, it will help minimize the impact until this gets fixed. We can attempt to curtail our own problem until a proper bugfix eliminates it.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 AM

AUX ADC is only compensated if you have HDX
Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
AUX ADC is only compensated if you have HDX
Hi,

I don´t understand exactly what you are saying here?

Are you saying that if for example I set the output of two audio tracks to a aux input and put a plug-in that causes delay on the aux-track ADC doesn't compensate for that in non-HDX system?

Regards,
Markus
Intel Core i5 2,4 GHz 8GB
Pro Tools 2018.4
Eleven Rack + Expansion pack
RME Fireface UCX
Old 03-03-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surstromming View Post
Hi,

I don´t understand exactly what you are saying here?

Are you saying that if for example I set the output of two audio tracks to a aux input and put a plug-in that causes delay on the aux-track ADC doesn't compensate for that in non-HDX system?

Regards,
Markus
yes i'd like to know this as well. What has changed in PT11 with delay comp - and is it a permanant change we have to get used to?

The deeper I get into full track mixing and additional production on PT11HD native system I'm baffled by what seems to have happened with ADC since PT10. Big track counts and things get loose, new softsynths will be out of time, or AUX midi FX running late, as well as the VI multi out bug. It's really like a shifting focusless pool of pain! In busy sessions I haven't time to troubleshoot the cause of these events, like everyone else I just expect it too work.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Seems to me this bug is serious problem to fix or it would have been corrected by now.
PT 11 audio engine was rewritten from the ground up right?
What a headache for Avid I bet..
It's FUBAR I'm sure...
Meanwhile they're like, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

EC
Old 03-04-2020, 10:39 AM

This still isn't fixed in Protools 2019.12!
Old 03-28-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
This still isn't fixed in Protools 2019.12!

Oh my god, this is insane!! I am trying to move back over from Reaper....i have the most simple session set up where i am running some parallel comps on aux tracks...every time i turn a plugin with latency on or off, everything goes out of time.

To top it off, if i actually want to proper pro tools automation system i have to get the most expensive package at 80 bucks a month....for a system that can't do PDC?
And looking around the forum, i see this has been a problem for 6 years??????
I am starting to wonder what the hell is going on at Avid. They charge such a massive amount more than any other company - which i could justify, if the software actually worked.

I am trying my best not to just be another person dissing avid, but this is kind of ridiculous isn't it?
I would say 70-80% of the comments in this forum are users who are seriously upset about Avids lack of development, or fixing even the most basic problems.
The charge insane amounts - and don't even give you proper track counts or automation unless you get the most expensive package, then they take many times longer than any other company to deliver the things their user base wants.
Again, this could all be justified if the system was super stable, ultra reliable and rock solid. but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Am i missing something? Would so love to be wrong about this.