Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 02-18-2020, 11:48 AM

Default I think I hear crickets......

Hello! Just dropped by this Windows forum to get some insight coming from the Mac side of PT. Looking at the dates on the first page of this forum going back to March of last year I’m thinking the Windows users of HDX systems either abandoned ship or never made the jump to HDX. What up??
Old 02-18-2020, 01:25 PM

Default Re: I think I hear crickets......

Depending on your needs, HDX might be a waste of money. I ran HD/Native on Windows for years of tracking full bands with no issues. 48 active IO and 6 stereo headphone mixes from Pro Tools and never felt the need for HDX

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-17-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
Hello! Just dropped by this Windows forum to get some insight coming from the Mac side of PT. Looking at the dates on the first page of this forum going back to March of last year I’m thinking the Windows users of HDX systems either abandoned ship or never made the jump to HDX. What up??
I'm here. Just drop in to find help because my PT HD rig is not working at all after installing PT 2019_12.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Man View Post
I'm here. Just drop in to find help because my PT HD rig is not working at all after installing PT 2019_12.
And its never going to work. Your HD cards only work with PT10 HD and older. If you have 96 IO or 192 IO boxes, those should still work with the most current PT software as long as certain requirements are met:
#1-you need either HD software(11 thru 12.6) or Ultimate software(the "vanilla" version of Pro Tools can't use hardware that connects via Digilink)
#2-starting with 12.6, a separate Digilink license is required($299 buys it and it goes on your iLok 2 or 3)
#3-You need a card(either HDX or HD/Native), or an HD/Native thunderbolt box(assuming your computer has a Thunderbolt port)
#4-as always, you need to make sure the OS you have can work with the PT version you want(Windows is pretty easy as you need Windows 10. Mac is another story as nearly every OS update breaks whatever worked before)

Best to gather up all the details of what you have and contact a good dealer for advice(Sweetwater, Dale Pro, GC Pro, Vintage King, AltoMusic, etc).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-19-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
And its never going to work. Your HD cards only work with PT10 HD and older. If you have 96 IO or 192 IO boxes, those should still work with the most current PT software as long as certain requirements are met:
Not so. It's been a while since I visited, but it was all working fine after I was advised by Avid that I needed to install v12 from the root directory of my system drive, or something like that.

It's all good with Native HD card. Running v 2019_x.

Except for the problem that appeared today that is.

Media Man
Old 05-20-2020, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Man View Post
Not so. It's been a while since I visited, but it was all working fine after I was advised by Avid that I needed to install v12 from the root directory of my system drive, or something like that.

It's all good with Native HD card. Running v 2019_x.

Except for the problem that appeared today that is.

Media Man
He means TDM HD cards like Accel and older pci cards wont work with any higher version than HD10.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————