Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 02-27-2020, 05:42 PM

Default Fast track Pro ''Hardware not connected, not streaming'' error ''

Hi everyone;

I just got this interface from one of my friend and downloaded the latest driver package 6.1.11 on Avid's website but the thing is when I tried to launch the control panel it says ''Hardware not connected, not streaming''
there is also ''register'' button at the right bottom, do ı need to register it? because when I clicked to register, it directs me to maudio's home page and I don't know how to register it, also my friend doesn't have any serial number or sth, How can I register it? Can you please help me to get over that situation?

Thank you!
Old 02-29-2020, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Fast track Pro ''Hardware not connected, not streaming'' error ''

Hmmm, where to start?
#1-its an old interface(and not very good)
#2-M-Audio drivers are often crap
#3-you probably can't register it(and there's not much point)
#4-you would be better off with a new Focusrite 2i2 or similar

Since you downloaded 6.1.11, I assume you have Windows 7 or 8? Windows 10 is not going to work. On any Windows setup, there are a couple of things you need to do(assuming the FT actually works):
1-In Windows Sound Properties, set Windows to use the on-board sound card as the "Default Playback Device" This allows Pro Tools to control the interface and sample rate.
2-Open Device Manager>USB devices>double-click on each item and see if the popup window has a tab labelled "Power Management". If it does, click that tab and UNcheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave