Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2017, 10:37 AM

Default Serial Number of new interface (ProTools Duet by Apogee) is invalid or already in use

I just purchased a new "Pro Tools Duet by Apogee"-audio-interface which came with one-year subscription of Pro Tools 12. I bought the package from gear4music.fi. I have now followed the instructions, successfully created an account to Avid, and inserted the Activation Code in the Activation Card with no trouble. This led to the automated creation of new iLok-account for me, which I have also ensured is up and running by logging into the iLok web page. Next, the system states "PLEASE ENTER THE SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR APOGEE PRODUCT". As I have not provided information that my interface is indeed Apogee, there is some recognition by the server.

However, when I enter the Serial Number (starting with a letter), which is printed below the barcode on the bottom of the interface AND is printed on the original box of the interface with a title "Serial Number", Avid webpage informs me that "your serial number is invalid or already used. Please check that you have typed it correctly". I have tried all numbers/letters that were available in the box, to no avail.

I am now stuck in this phase, can't download the Pro Tools software, and can't work. I tried to call the retailer which is closed for the weekend, and cued for 30min by phone to Avid tech support in another country because I am supposed to work throughout the weekend. I would much appreciate help in this matter.

Additional info: During the first registration attempt I reversed back to the map which asks to indicate the retailer, from the next page. Reason was that I tried another name of the company gear4music, which was not recognised. I then proceeded normally. Before reversing, I had already input some information such as The Activation Code, but not the serial number. Perhaps this manoeuvre led to some kind of duplicity with the product information in the system? How can I fix it?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Serial Number of new interface (ProTools Duet by Apogee) is invalid or already in

Welcome to the community.

Can you please reply to the case you started and provide the Serial Number from your Duet? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Serial Number of new interface (ProTools Duet by Apogee) is invalid or already in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post

Can you please reply to the case you started and provide the Serial Number from your Duet? Thanks.
Hi Jeffro,

I am having exactly the same problem as Nei and also purchased from gear4music yesterday.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Grainger View Post
Hi Jeffro,

I am having exactly the same problem as Nei and also purchased from gear4music yesterday.

If you don't have the Access The Support Center option in your Avid account to start a support case you can start a case from the Get Help link here to provide your serial number to Avid CS.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:09 AM

The problem has been solved, although it took a while. Apparently this is a manufacturing error on Avid's end, in which Serial Numbers of some new products are no longer detected by Avid's own system. Avid was not able to provide me with a new Serial Number, and I was informed that fixing the issue might either be impossible or take a long time.

Therefore, I needed to return the product to the store and hope for better luck with the replacement item. The second Duet along with its SN worked (although this device has some other issues).

Bottom line: if you are faced with this issue, the quickest resolution might be changing the device to another one and hoping that it will work. Unfortunately the change does come with additional burden of software re-authentication, re-installation, et cetera.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei View Post
...Avid was not able to provide me with a new Serial Number, and I was informed that fixing the issue might either be impossible or take a long time...
Sorry for the hassle. We should be able to reset the Serial Number fairly quickly so I'll check in with the team to find out what happened here.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:22 PM

Same problem with a new MTRX Studio bought today from Sweetwater..

Your serial number is invalid or already used. Please check that you have typed it correctly.

p
Old 12-15-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneepa View Post
Same problem with a new MTRX Studio bought today from Sweetwater..

Your serial number is invalid or already used. Please check that you have typed it correctly.

p
I see you started a support case and provided the info there - please watch for a case response email.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I see you started a support case and provided the info there - please watch for a case response email.

Thanks Jeffro I appreciate your prompt reply !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk