Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 AM

Default audio driver issues when using other DAW's

whenever I am working on a project on another DAW, I don't get any sound coming out of my studio monitors. I checked that the DAW was set to use my digi003 but it is greyed out with an x. I also noticed a bouncing folder on my dock called coremidi.framework.

So I googled the issue I was having and someone posted in this forum that it was pro tools updater 8.03 that was causing the problem. And it also says to roll back to 8.01 and that should fix and to stay with 8.01 til digidesign releases a new update that fixes the problem.

So I did just that, I rolled back to pro tools 8.01 Everything seems to work ok. When I launch pro tools some plug-ins needed authorization even with my iLok key inserted into the USB port. And when open a session in pro tools and I hit the spacebar, the playhead stutters but the music is playing fine.

And also when I launch itunes it doesn't let me use my digi003 to listen to the songs I have in itunes. I even open up the system preferences in my macbook pro and go to the sound panel to see if my digi003 driver is selected.......it doesn't show at all in the sound panel. I tempting to quit using digidesign altogether and go on with another audio/midi interface.

Digidesign does this and it is so annoying. Like they want people to only use digidesign products and not to adapt with other DAW's.

Now that they know this is happening.........they are taking their time as long as they can to fix this problem. why release an update if they know it's not compatible?

Best Regards,
evon
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 PM

Default Re: audio driver issues when using other DAW's

I guess that's why we still have turtles but no T-rex. The small guy adapts, the big guy just assumes if you are going to do professional work you don't have any other options. How long till PT goes extinct? Most other DAWs pretty well run themselves, but I cant get PT to do [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] unless I reconfigure my pc settings ass backwards and spend about 3 hours a month trudging through support forums.