Default Re: How long is "Coming Soon"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
32 days and counting...

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/pt1...ntuptimer.html

How long is Coming Soon?
FWIW Avid announced the Cloud Collaboration thing @ NAB April 2014
so coming soon is 2016.
Avid killed of the Pro Tools R&D dept just after the release of PT 8 and coincidently that was that last really cool PT upgrade

Last edited by roberts; 04-25-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Thanks guys. Means a lot.

I promise you, I don't have anything that you don't have.
Kenny you do great work and deserve to make lots of cash for it!!!!!!!!!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-24-2015, 09:31 PM

You know it's pretty bad, even the moderators are throwing Avid under the bus for this!

Regardless, they have to do something at least by the fall of this year, or their whole subscription model will go down to hell in a handbasket. They have to provide value for 600 bucks a year for an HD user or they're in deep trouble!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-24-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothardly View Post
@ Kenny Gioia

you sound like me ol' man... started on a recorder in 5th grade. had a piano at home (my mom tried to force me to take lessons when i was 6 yrs old... and i wish i had. i would be so much better now and i would KNOW the math) i started in the school band on trumpet but quickly went to the trombone. music teacher talked me into it because i had 'an ear for music'... one thing about the trombone... there is NO WAY to learn and play it 'technically'... you have to listen. :)

got my first guitar when i was 10 yrs and have not put it down since. sadly i have never learned to play it (although i play circles around some folks)... i have no idea what key i am playing in... the modes i am using... nothing... i just listen. my last lead guitarist was trying to tech me the math. he thought it funny i did not know the modes but i play every one of them. lol

keyboards are a lot easier since you can SEE what you are doing (two black.... three black... etc.) so it is easier to figure out where you are as opposed to looking over the neck of a guitar. :)

and since me mum gave me my gift... i can play any instrument if i can figure out how it works. but as you say... i am master of none. i, myself, am 53. i am a rocker at heart because i love the aggression and the moodiness in that style of music.

i am new around here. just grabbed the PT12 monthly subscription on sunday. i have been dabbling on the backside of the mix panel for a few years now and have been using presonus' studio one pro for a couple of years now.

just wanted to say hello because your author info made me laugh over at groove3. i'll check out your vids. cheers

jay
Thanks for sharing your story. BTW - I'm no longer 40.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Kenny you do great work and deserve to make lots of cash for it!!!!!!!!!
I do OK. Thanks for the support.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
You know it's pretty bad, even the moderators are throwing Avid under the bus for this!
To be honest, I don't have a problem with the subscription option. Some people can't afford to buy Pro Tools and paying it monthly makes a lot of sense. Plus you can cancel for a few months if you don't need it and come back when you do.

My only issue (and I think most will agree) is that they should have rolled out some great features first then changed the pricing structure.

But I don't control the resource management over at Avid and understand that they need to operate differently being a publicly held corporation.

Keep in mind, I don't think there's one person at Avid that doesn't wish that all of the greatest features weren't available now. But they also have to get it right before releasing it to the world.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Rent?
Rent indeed. I took off the first few digits.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:16 PM

Thanks Kenny. We all want Pro Tools to succeed and I can't wait for your Pro Tools 12 Explained video training's.

In the meantime, how diving into Studio One? I have a feeling learning yet another DAW maybe isn't appealing to you? But consider this, the Pro Tools Expert guys like it.

For me, I'm still trying everyday to be as good as I can be using Pro Tools 11 HD and, admittedly, still my go-to DAW.
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 06-09-2015, 09:48 AM

78 Days in counting. features I (And I'm sure a lot of other people) were super excited about before launch of PT12, and almost 3 months later and these features still don't exist in 12. Has anyone been lucky enough to get the early access? Or is that a "coming soon" thing too? I did the sign up for early access a few weeks ago and still nothing, kind of disappointing. As much as I prefer Pro Tools over any other DAW I've worked with, all these waiting games with 12 are getting a little irritating. Luckily, these features not existing yet dont ruin PT, but at the same time these were the biggest advertised features(Other than the subscription service), so why not have them ready at launch of 12? Oh well, I'll just continue to wait and hope that at least the early access stuff shows up soon.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPlaysWithFire View Post
Has anyone been lucky enough to get the early access? Or is that a "coming soon" thing too? I did the sign up for early access a few weeks ago and still nothing, kind of disappointing.
As always, there are beta testers lurking about. But they presumably have signed non-disclosure agreements, so they can't talk about anything that hasn't already been disclosed by Avid.

We all will just have to wait.