Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike496 View Post
I am in this same boat. Pace made me surrender a PT 8LE lisence even though I purchased a completely new PT HD license and hardware. Anyone know what the deal is with this?
There has never been any Pro Tools LE 8 iLok license, serial code authorization for all Pro Tools LE versions.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
There has never been any Pro Tools LE 8 iLok license, serial code authorization for all Pro Tools LE versions.

I have the Authorization code in my avid account but it's not available on my ilok account. I'd like to purchase the upgrade to 11 but will my upgrade still work without a PT 8LE in my ilok account?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike496 View Post
I have the Authorization code in my avid account but it's not available on my ilok account. I'd like to purchase the upgrade to 11 but will my upgrade still work without a PT 8LE in my ilok account?
You don't need your Pro Tools LE authorization code for the upgrade in any way. See the Pro Tools Upgrade FAQ:
Quote:
Q. I have Pro Tools LE. Can I move up to Pro Tools?
A. Yes. For a limited time, you can crossgrade to Pro Tools 11 for only $199 through 2014—that’s over 50% off the previous crossgrade pricing, and includes an upgrade/support plan for one year. To take advantage of this limited time offer, simply provide a hardware serial number (not your Pro Tools LE authorization code) for one of the following Avid audio interfaces at the time of purchase and activate your Pro Tools 11 software by December 31, 2014:
  • Mbox family (3rd generation)—Mbox Pro, Mbox, Mbox Mini
  • Eleven Rack
  • 003 family—003 Rack, 003 Rack+, 003 (control surface)
  • Mbox 2 family (2nd generation)—Mbox 2 Pro, Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Mini, Mbox 2 Micro
  • Digi 002 family—Digi 002 Rack, Digi 002 (control surface)
  • VENUE family—VENUE | SC48, VENUE FWx Option Card
Please note:
  1. This crossgrade offer from Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools | Software will expire after December 31, 2014, so upgrade now!
  2. Compatibility: The original Mbox (1st generation) and Digi 001 are not compatible with Pro Tools 9 and higher, and are not eligible for the Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools | Software crossgrade.
  3. Compatibility: Please check Pro Tools 11 current release compatibility to ensure your system is compatible.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the clarification Bruce!
Old 12-30-2014, 04:47 AM

I also as many other have problems with a PTHD11 update.

I bought the PT10+ cptk for PTHD11. But when trying to get that PTHD11 on my ilok2 it says I'm missing the PT 10 license. And that's because I have the PT 10+9 bundle.

I've read that it's just to contact the support, but now after 2 hours of headaches of just getting to the right support site... And I have been trying to use the ASC code I got from the recent PTHD11 purchase.

Anyone at AVID, please help me.
iLok ID: monodion

Kind regards
John
Old 01-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoklang View Post
I also as many other have problems with a PTHD11 update.

I bought the PT10+ cptk for PTHD11. But when trying to get that PTHD11 on my ilok2 it says I'm missing the PT 10 license. And that's because I have the PT 10+9 bundle.

I've read that it's just to contact the support, but now after 2 hours of headaches of just getting to the right support site... And I have been trying to use the ASC code I got from the recent PTHD11 purchase.

Anyone at AVID, please help me.
iLok ID: monodion

Kind regards
John
Hi John, you should be all set now. See the Private Message I sent you.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:19 AM

I have the surrender issue also.

I'm trying to activate a PT11 license on iLok Manager, but get the following: "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account. Click OK to end this operation.”

I contacted iLok, but their answer was:
"PT11 requires the surrender of a trial license for PT10 which is not in your account. Please contact Avid for more information on the surrender terms of their licenses."

I already have a full PT10 license that I upgraded to PT11 so how do I surrender this "ghost" PT10 trial to get my PT11 working?

I have tried contact Avid thru ASC for umphteenth time but only get an Error: "Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page. Please try again later."

Please help!

My iLok account is soundwise
Old 01-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwise View Post
I have the surrender issue also.

I'm trying to activate a PT11 license on iLok Manager, but get the following: "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account. Click OK to end this operation.”

I contacted iLok, but their answer was:
"PT11 requires the surrender of a trial license for PT10 which is not in your account. Please contact Avid for more information on the surrender terms of their licenses."

I already have a full PT10 license that I upgraded to PT11 so how do I surrender this "ghost" PT10 trial to get my PT11 working?

I have tried contact Avid thru ASC for umphteenth time but only get an Error: "Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page. Please try again later."

Please help!

My iLok account is soundwise
Hi Jari,
I checked with Avid support, and you have a support case that was opened today. That includes the details you provided to them, so they should be able to help resolve this.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:58 AM

Hello,

I just purchased the Pro Tools 11 Upgrade with Annual Upgrade (I used to work with PT9). It keeps on asking the iLok.com user ID, but the iLok i'm using is a pre-authorized one. I don't know what the user ID is, or should be.

What shall I do ? How can i download PT11 ?

Thanks a lot,
Leon
Old 02-17-2015, 12:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zono View Post
Hello,

I just purchased the Pro Tools 11 Upgrade with Annual Upgrade (I used to work with PT9). It keeps on asking the iLok.com user ID, but the iLok i'm using is a pre-authorized one. I don't know what the user ID is, or should be.

What shall I do ? How can i download PT11 ?

Thanks a lot,
Leon
If you bought Pro Tools 9 with the license already on the ilok, and you are the original owner, perhaps you never created an account at www.iLok.com.

Follow the instructions to download the iLok License manager from there, and create an account (User ID) and register your iLok to your account. See the tutorial videos on iLok.com and they will walk you through it.

Once you do that and confirm that you have the Pro Tools license on your iLok, and on your iLok account, you follow the instructions in the other sticky thread here:
Sticky: How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11

Please note, you will need an iLok 2 (the rectangular one, not the original key shaped iLok)

For help with downloads and installation, see the following:

Avid Customer Care How To Videos