Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Help with MEZZO restore

Thanks so much for the software Stef! I inherited a 10 year tape mess when I started working for this studio a year ago.

Here's a link where Mezzo 4.7 can be downloaded.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28313494...elease.dmg.zip
Old 01-29-2014, 12:13 PM

Hi,
I have some DDS4 tapes with Mezzo backups here.
I,ve tryied to contact [email protected] and this e-mail is no longer active. some one knows actual Jeff contact or someone who can do Mezzo restoration service?

Thanks,
Old 02-02-2014, 11:26 PM

Hello Eziofilho,

I have a working Mezzo 4.7 rig with an Exabyte 8mm drive at my place. All of the tapes (1500 or so) I generated over the years 1995 - 2003 were of the 8mm Exabyte variety, although I do have a Sony AIT firewire drive available as well. Our studio transitioned to optical media backup in 2001 and are now backing everything up to multiple hard drives. I have been working for approximately two years now to get all of the data we generated in the late 90's transferred from the defunct Mezzo format onto modern hard drives. I believe I have most of the tricky things figure out when it comes to Mezzo 4.x I am willing to help you try to get your data restored but we will need to get ahold of a working DDS 4 drive. If you have the drive and software drivers for OS 10.4 we might be in business. Another option would be to contact the folks at Pacific Data and see if they have a drive and some software available for sale. They have been very helpful to me in the past. PM me if you still need help.

Sincerely,

Gearjunkie777
Old 09-17-2019, 09:21 AM

Hi,

I can do any mezzo from any tapes. I reverse engineered mezzo backup software and can restore any version. I have successfully restored number of tapes of mezzo 2 - 4.
I can provide this service remotely (you have the working tape drive) or in house (that would require sending the tapes to the UK/London)

Best Regards

www.mezzorecovery.com

Last edited by Jandini; 05-10-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Add website url