Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 09-23-2010, 01:45 PM

Default Snapshots - Aux Mon vs. Aux FX

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm trying to figure out the difference between the Aux Mon Data Type Scope and the Aux FX. I am in the snapshot window looking at the different scope types. I've been searching through the manual and forums and haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 09-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Snapshots - Aux Mon vs. Aux FX

In the options page (busses tab) any aux send can be classified as aux mon or aux fx. This allows you to scope them differently in snapshot automation. It exists for programming flexibility alone, it has no other affect on audio or anything else.

The practical use would be something like this: say you are automating a snapshot per song. You have several auxes that are FX sends and several that are drive to subs or front fills or something. You want to automate the FX send levels but you want the sends to frontfill and sub to remain the same (not automated). SO, to acheive that, you would classify the fx sends as Aux FX, and others as Aux Mon. Then, in your snapshots, you scope Aux FX, but not Aux Mon. You could also do it the reverse, the labels mean nothing, it just two classes of auxillary output, as defined by you.

Make sense?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Snapshots - Aux Mon vs. Aux FX

Thanks, my mind wasn't connecting the snapshots and the options page for some reason. You helped out greatly.