Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2024, 02:26 PM

Default Hi i'm new and need help with mbox 2

Hi!

I just found a mbox 2 in good condition dirt cheap with everything included even tens of cds with pro tools and stuff. I'm really interested in buying it since I would technically get the entire package and a daw too for free. The problem is that I have no idea if any of that would even work on my pc?

I have a HP Pavilion pc that operates on windows 11, would the mbox 2 work on it?? I know it's not supported but I heard of people running it on newer systems with no problem? and the second question is if any of the pro tools cds would work?? My pc can take cds but I don't know if it would work with cds that are years old and made for windows xp?? I'll include a pic of them.
A free daw would be perfect for me since I don't have any on my pc just on my MacBook (logic) however it would be much easier to connect the audio interface to my pc and a free daw would be perfect

Thanks
Old 03-11-2024, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Hi i'm new and need help with mbox 2

The picture of cds:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muhaha 1234.jpg (74.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2024, 01:45 AM

I doubt to the extreme that you’ll get PT7 to run on Windows 11. 7 ran on machines of the day running XP.

Plus, do you have the activation code for 7? The first time you run PT, you have to enter the activation code. Usually it was found on the inside cover of the getting started manual.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-12-2024, 09:53 AM

He claims the daw is included although he has little knowledge of how it would work, if he would give me the code would it make me the owner of the daw??

Here's the whole product he's selling, he seems to have everything in there: https://www.tradera.com/item/301974/...kmjukvara-avid
Old 03-12-2024, 10:32 AM

All this is a complete waste of your time. A complete compatibility mess, with things like also no compatibility with modern plugins.

Pro Tools Intro is a nice free modern DAW (but has restricted capacity). You should purchase an ASIO audio interface with current OS support, the Focusrite 2i2 is a frequently recommended beginner interface.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:03 AM

I don't give much care for plugins or any of the modern software stuff, I have some synths and effects of my own so that wouldn't be a issue, also I really don't want to pay again for another daw, I have one already on my MacBook. I don't care if the mbox and everything with it is old if it would work I would take it and be happy.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:23 AM

You don't need to pay for Pro Tools Intro, it's free as I said. You should get an ASIO interface, that is all. Maybe you have one already.

You asked about stuff you clearly have no idea about and have been told this is a bad bad idea. Why are you still here going on about it? If you can't listen then just go and buy it but don't come back here complaining about problems.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:31 AM

That's why I'm asking if it would work, to avoid coming back here for problems. I still didn't get a clear answer that's why I'm still here
Old 03-12-2024, 11:58 AM

There will be a lots of problems. Nobody here likely knows if the software might be able to get to be got to run (I doubt it) because we are not stupid enough to waste time doing that when there is... wait for it... a much better modern free DAW available from Avid. Or multiple other great DAW options like Reaper available at low cost.

There is nothing great about an MBox 2 interface, it's way beyond end of life, has no driver support. Unimpressive audio quality. There are many better interfaces available at low cost from other vendors. And with Pro Tools 7LE you are license locked to that crappy old interlace.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:31 PM

I'd also suggest Reaper. Its free to try, cheap to buy and it seems many stay running it as a demo for way too long

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave