Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Default PT11 compatible UA Apollo interface?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Pro Tools 11 is compatible with the UA Apollo interface?

I read on their website:

"Q: Can I use UAD v7 with Pro Tools 11?

A: Not at this time. However, Avid provides all Pro Tools 11 users a Pro Tools 10 authorization for the same system so users will be able to use both versions of Pro Tools software for customers who need RTAS (UAD) and virtual instruments that aren’t yet AAX compatible. Pro Tools 10 supports both RTAS and AAX so UAD v7 plug-ins work great in Pro Tools 10."

But that's just for the plug-ins? Could I run Pro Tools 11 on a UA Apollo interface anyways?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Default Re: PT11 compatible UA Apollo interface?

Probably not as there is a "mixer" piece of software that needs to interface with Pro Tools.

But I would check with UA, and I doubt if it will take them too long to come up with the "mixer"...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-05-2013, 01:47 AM

Yes you can.

I have used mine since PT11 came out. You can also use the UA plugins within the Console app for the processing of incoming signals both to monitor and to print to PT11. Console App is a separate programme and runs alongside PT11.

The thing you can't do until UA bring out their plugins as AAX64-bit is use them within PT11. You will need to open up a session in PT10 to do that for the time being.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantise View Post
Yes you can.

I have used mine since PT11 came out. You can also use the UA plugins within the Console app for the processing of incoming signals both to monitor and to print to PT11. Console App is a separate programme and runs alongside PT11.

The thing you can't do until UA bring out their plugins as AAX64-bit is use them within PT11. You will need to open up a session in PT10 to do that for the time being.
Nice to have a spot of good news...thanks for posting that and correcting me...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantise View Post
Yes you can.

Great. Thanks for that mate. They really should make that clear somewhere in the PT or in the UA website.. "Yes you can run PT11 with the UA Apollo, but.." makes no sense.. cheers