Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Default syncing motif synth to macbook pro/pt

I am desperately trying to hook up my Yamaha Motif synthesizer to my MacBook Pro and sync it by USB into PT. When I used my midi uni-sport midi-usb on my Sonar setup I didn't have a problem. Now I need help. Once I installed the driver for the midi-usb, nothing happened. I just wanna sync it so I can multi-track in Pro Tools from the motif. Holla.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Re: syncing motif synth to macbook pro/pt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelsior View Post
I am desperately trying to hook up my Yamaha Motif synthesizer to my MacBook Pro and sync it by USB into PT. When I used my midi uni-sport midi-usb on my Sonar setup I didn't have a problem. Now I need help. Once I installed the driver for the midi-usb, nothing happened. I just wanna sync it so I can multi-track in Pro Tools from the motif. Holla.
If you are referring to seamlessly controlling the PT transport, plugin paramters, etc, then there is no support for this with the Motif. On the Motif, in Utility under Remote, I'm pretty sure you'll find a DAW Select option for Cubase, Logic, Sonar, and DP... not PT. However, there may be info on the Motifator website on how to get limited function with MIDI Clock, MTC, etc.

If you just want to use the Motif as a module and select and sequence its sounds in PT: In PT go to MIDI Studio Setup. Select Yamaha for Manufacturer, MOTIF for Model, and set the Input and Output Ports accordingly. Check the Yamaha Synth website for the latest drivers, and also check the Motifator website for perhaps an updated PT Patch Template.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:52 AM

Thank you. I'll try that.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Which motif? es, sx, fs?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave