Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Default Word Clock Problems

I've recently upgraded my system to Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. After reinstalling Pro Tools to version 8.03 and also installing the new audio drivers (8.04 found in the sticky links at the top), I cannot record, playback anything at all. As soon as I hit the play button I get an error message saying that there is a problem with my word clock. Has anyone else run into this error? If so, what can I do to fix it? Also, when I load Pro Tools, when it gets to the part where its configuring the MIDI, my 003 Rack restarts itself.... Not sure at all why.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Word Clock Problems

Welcome to the DUC...

Start here: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193637
Then go here: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=133039

Once all of that is done, folks might be able to help you... we need the info.

All that being said, Windows 7 is NOT supported. 64 bit anything is NOT supported. 8.0.3 should only be used as BETA until they get it all sorted out.. a few folks have working systems, but not as many as don't have with Win7 64

I can tell you now that one place you are going to have problems with the word clock errors is in your RAM timings.. Check for MANUFACTURER specifications and manually set your BIOS to match that.

Good luck!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:33 PM

Do you have any other device attached to the 003 via digital? If so, disconnect it and work on getting the basic system to run before adding extras. Also try trashing prefs and database files as described in the general troubleshooting link.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-18-2010, 09:12 PM

I had to play a lot with RAM timings after replacing ALL of my RAM on an otherwise stable system to get 8.0.3 to play nice. Any mixed source RAM should be avoided.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Ok, first off I thought I had filled out the signature thing here so all of my specs were posted - guess not. I am running an Intel E8400, forget the board I am currently using, 4 gigs of DDR2 800mhz. As I said I have the 003 Rack, and the only other device hooked into it is a PreSonus Studio Channel. I went through, downloaded the updates, and the device patch (beta) for 64 bit systems. After following the directions on Digi's page, I restarted and thought the problem was fixed. It wasn't, but when I went into the Device Manager, I found the old drivers didn't uninstall correctly and were still registered. I went through the steps to manually specify the drivers, to the beta patch, and like magic the problem is solved.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:14 PM

Good.

And yea, those original drivers are a bit sticky.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com