Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 PM

Default PT 7.0 doesn\'t keep the edit window \'s position

Eveytime I open a PT session that I worked on before, my edit screen is all the way on the left and I have to drag it back to it's original placement... I'm using two screens (one for the edit window and one for the mix window...). PT 6.9 use to keep this info(X and Y)... Anybody has this problem?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: PT 7.0 doesn\'t keep the edit window \'s position

Anybody????
Old 12-12-2005, 10:58 AM

grrrrr... me... the same problem. under 6.x everything was fine
SICHERHEIT!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:37 PM

Same for me! I hope this problem will be fixed in the next cs update. Its not a major bug, but still irritating nonetheless every time you load up PT7 and its not aligned how it used to be in previous versions.

Pentium4 (2.4Ghz)
Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
80GB HD
1GB Ram
Digi002
Protools 7.0
Mackie HR-824's
Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: PT 7.0 doesn\'t keep the edit window \'s positio

i found this- and it wiil function
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#926877
Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Quote:
i found this- and it wiil function
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#926877
Don't know why the other post got deleted, but dual view and windows placement works perfect if ya expand your screen to the right ( main monitor has to be the left one )
If ya expand your screen to the left then ya have to drop them manually back evry time ;-)

Cheers
Bossi
Old 12-16-2005, 03:38 PM

Not true. This is broken in 7.0.

When using dual monitors, you can drag the PT window from the left to the right window (to spread across both display monitors). This is my normal workflow -- with edit window in left monitor, mix window in right monitor).

But upon closing Pro Tools and then relaunching it, the display goes back to left-monitor only and has to be manually expanded each time.

This was never the case in version 6.9 and before.

An article about this was previously posted here, and someone from tech support said they were able to replicate the problem there. Said it would be fixed "soon."

I'd hoped it would be fixed in the cs1 update, but no.

Randy
Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM

Quote:

But upon closing Pro Tools and then relaunching it, the display goes back to left-monitor only and has to be manually expanded each time.

Randy
This also happens after a screensaver has done it´s job.

But:

Did you try clicking on the upper right "box", the main window sizer button? In my case, it all opens up to the previously saved dual screen thingy with one click. No need to do anything manually... except one click. This is on a clean 7.01 install, my other 7.0 (updated from 6.7 )system still opens up both screens "the old way" at PTLE startup. Another machine ,too.

Anyway, just one click on a "virgin 7.01" opens up the whole double display scene on my new pc. It also worked on 7.0. You need a saved dual-screen project or template for it to work,of course.

- i7 520 @ 3.6 GHz / P6T / XP32 / PTLE 8.01 . PT9 on Snow .
- PTLE8 on a macbook.

- And a bunch of miscellaneous obsolete hardware from the past. Like Mix ++++ 64 i/o with Control/24

I`m In The Band: www.ozofficial.com
My guitars are in tune : http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php
Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 PM

Oh, now here's a really weird one for ya...

When I upgraded to PT 7 a few weeks ago (whenever it was that it first became available), I ordered the CD (so I'd get the documentation/install guide), even though I went ahead and downloaded it and installed it right away. But of course I never read the installation guide once it arrived, since I'd already downloaded and installed it.

Then last night I was scanning through it, looking for system optimization tips (trying to tweak my system a bit to get better performance out of Pro Tools) and I stumbled upon this little eye-opener: Pro Tools 7 now supports, and in fact, RECOMMENDS, Hyperthreading be ENABLED on dual-processor machines like mine. That's a switch from the past.

(Of course there's this little problem that Avid Xpress Pro, which I'm also running on this machine, recommends that Hyperthreading be turned OFF on dual-processor machines like mine. Avid, meet your sister company Digidesign. Digidesign, meet your parent company Avid. Uma, Oprah... Oprah, Uma...) <g>

But I digress.

Anyway, I went ahead and enabled Hyperthreading (folks over on the Avid forum told me that despite Avid's recommendations to the contrary, they haven't encountered any problems with Hyperthreading enabled.) And guess what happened...

Once I enabled Hyperthrading, lo and behold, Pro Tools now remembers how I had my last session opened up (across dual monitors) when I relaunch the program.

Now why in the world would Hyperthreading have anything to do with this? Beats the heck out of me.

Randy
Old 12-17-2005, 03:05 AM

RandB,

Did you get any performance boost with hyperthreading enabled on your dual cpu machine?

When i enabled it the cpu usage jumpes up to 80%, when leaving hyperthreading disabled it only hits around 40% on the same sessions. I down know why but thats the way my machine acts.

When i enbable hp , it doesn't fix the dual view bug here anyway ( aslong my main monitor is the right one) , very funny bug if ya ask me ;-) Bummer they didn't fix it in CS1 ;-)

Cheers
B