Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | First Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:05 AM
lesf42 lesf42 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Honestly Avid, this is beyond a joke! 20 minutes ago, I set up two projects, one being the first one I tried on Sunday, and the other, new files for a remix.

I was on the phone for a while, saw the internet had had a brief blip, and now both locally saved projects have gone. Still showing in Open recent, but vanished!!

Until this is sorted, there is no point in trying to use PTF!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:58 AM
jgdeschamps jgdeschamps is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mexico
Posts: 9
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesf42 View Post
Honestly Avid, this is beyond a joke! 20 minutes ago, I set up two projects, one being the first one I tried on Sunday, and the other, new files for a remix.

I was on the phone for a while, saw the internet had had a brief blip, and now both locally saved projects have gone. Still showing in Open recent, but vanished!!

Until this is sorted, there is no point in trying to use PTF!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yes, it's annoying. I used to have a Pro Tools LE system with an original MBox (the Focusrite one) for personal recordings, and I used to operate a Digi 001 setup for a local cumbia group's studio, both under MacOS 9. Fantastic DAW setup, so intuitive and reliable with great performance. But after Digidesign switched to MacOS X, all of those treats went down the drain. I switched to Logic Platinum and then to Logic Studio after Apple bought Emagic. But there was always something missing that Pro Tools had under MacOS 9. Recently switched to Studio One Pro v4 and it's fantastic, but I constantly yearn to go back to Pro Tools. I'm doing better now money-wise so I'm testing the waters with PTF to see if it's worth buying (not renting) a regular Pro Tools license so I can use all of my Waves plugins, but if PT is as buggy as PTF is, it will be a no-go. It's a shame, since Pro Tools has the best workflow of all DAWs.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 AM
Darryl Ramm Darryl Ramm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13,052
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgdeschamps View Post
Yes, it's annoying. I used to have a Pro Tools LE system with an original MBox (the Focusrite one) for personal recordings, and I used to operate a Digi 001 setup for a local cumbia group's studio, both under MacOS 9. Fantastic DAW setup, so intuitive and reliable with great performance. But after Digidesign switched to MacOS X, all of those treats went down the drain. I switched to Logic Platinum and then to Logic Studio after Apple bought Emagic. But there was always something missing that Pro Tools had under MacOS 9. Recently switched to Studio One Pro v4 and it's fantastic, but I constantly yearn to go back to Pro Tools. I'm doing better now money-wise so I'm testing the waters with PTF to see if it's worth buying (not renting) a regular Pro Tools license so I can use all of my Waves plugins, but if PT is as buggy as PTF is, it will be a no-go. It's a shame, since Pro Tools has the best workflow of all DAWs.
Pro Tools First is unfortunately a waste of time if you want to get to Pro Tools. You can rent Pro Tools standard per month or get a free one month evaluation of Pro Tools Ultimate.... the same exact binary with a few extra features unlocked, and the sessions are compatible, so you can play with that that then purchase Pro Tools standard. And you can do all that with standard plugin compatibility and local sessions not flakey cloud projects—neither possible with The highly crippled First. It is not your fault that the cloud storage part of First is such a mess, but I do question that if you have experience with Pro Tools in the past and want to be on Standard with Waves plugins etc. then you are just wasting time doing anything with First.

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:39 AM
jgdeschamps jgdeschamps is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mexico
Posts: 9
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It is not your fault that the cloud storage part of First is such a mess, but I do question that if you have experience with Pro Tools in the past and want to be on Standard with Waves plugins etc. then you are just wasting time doing anything with First.

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial
Thanks for your reply, and I'll gladly answer your question regarding my choice of installing PTF instead of a full PT demo (though I don't have to): I just wanted to check out what's PT state right now for more than a month using my personal laptop (a 2015 MacBook Air) where it can be contained and mess around with anywhere, and I thought that PTF would be a capable sample similar to what PT LE was to use for more than three or four months... and Avid is presenting it as basically a cloud-centered 16 track version of Pro Tools. I also rented the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle since it has similar plugins to the Waves I own. I am aware of the one month trial and month-to-month rent of regular PT, but I already own Studio One Pro and have that one installed at home on an iMac dedicated just for that DAW, I'm in no need or hurry to rent full PT. Just want to get used to it (and its bugs) just in case I do decide to switch back. I don't do audio recording for a living anymore. It's just a very involving hobby now.

Now, back on topic... I also found some stability with local project creation and conservation (if you wanna call it like that) by keeping your internet connection on while PTF starts and until you create a new project. Then, after you load your project and get to the Edit/Mix project windows, turn off your internet connection. PTF will just inform you your offline status, but the application won't close and erase the project while you are working. Also, the projects will be there after you close and return to PTF later.

Just some recommendations to fellow users who don't want to lose work when using PTF, because even though I complain, I do try to be constructive and cooperative too.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Darryl Ramm Darryl Ramm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13,052
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

And again, this is wasting your time.. you should value your own time spent here at something, hopefully more than the cost of a monthly subscription. All the problems you are having are the flakey cloud storage stuff in Pro Tools First. Pro Tools standard (aka “real” Pro Tools) using local sessions have none of this crap to put up with. The thing you, and other users, have control of that will immediately stop all these problems is to stop using First. Otherwise it’s kind of advice that hitting yourself with a hammer in the head hurts... if folks just want to play, sure do whatever. But if this is causing folks frustration just get off this mess. If not Pro Tools Standard, there are lots of great other DAWs (as mentioned).
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:06 PM
zardy zardy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 8
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgdeschamps View Post
Try using a wired internet connection so it syncs with Avid's servers in a more reliable way. A great number of users here are having the same problem as you do.
Does not work also with wired connection. Can I uninstall and reinstall PT to solve the problem? I'm not sure as it is a cloud issue...
I have no projects open.

Marco
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM
jgdeschamps jgdeschamps is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mexico
Posts: 9
Default Re: The owner has deleted shared project

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardy View Post
Does not work also with wired connection. Can I uninstall and reinstall PT to solve the problem? I'm not sure as it is a cloud issue...
I have no projects open.]

Marco
Have you tried trashing PTF's Preferences before you erase and re-install PTF? Preferences are located within your user's Library/Preferences/Avid folder. If you don't know how to do it, follow these steps while the PTF app is closed: Click the Finder icon on the dock. On the top menu there will be a "Go" option. Click it once so it shows all its options and then press "alt". You will notice a Library folder shows up while you press "alt." Click that "Library" location. A new Finder window will show up with the Library folder showing its contents. Search for the Preferences folder. Trash the Avid preferences. Start PTF.
If that doesn't work, then it's a server error and you will have to contact via e-mail Avid's support so they reset the account for you.

EDIT: Also, before you do all the steps, sign out of your Avid Link account that shows up in the menu bar.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-26-2019, 02:41 AM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 30
Default Re: All my projects vanished

I had another incident last night.

I spent three days recording a piece and put loads of work into it. I walked away from the PC and came back twenty minutes later to this message on the screen.

"The project owner has deleted the shared project “file name” it will now close and be removed from your account and local computers"

In a panic knowing what happened last time I didnt click ok or anything I just did a cntrl alt and del and killed Pro Tools. I then restarted it and managed to get back into my project but for how long?

Firstly it was never a shared project, secondly I own it and thirdly it was saved offline. What the hell is going on with this software? It seems a tad worrying that someone somewhere can remove my work at will. It certainly does not make me want to purchase the full version.

Not trusting Pro Tools I was constantly exporting copies of my track but this is ridiculous. Is there anyway to stop this happening?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Itsjake Itsjake is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default Re: All my projects vanished

The 2019 update of pro tools first is supposed to allow you to have unlimited offline projects. but the program is very glitchy and you can't even depend on it to save anything properly. I got those same messages and all of my projects vanished as well. But even before this 2019 update my 3 online projects still would be very glitchy and not save properly. I guess all we can do is wait and hopefully they can resolve this issue and maybe get our projects back.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-28-2019, 12:56 AM
Barryd's Avatar
Barryd Barryd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Richmond North Yorkshire
Posts: 30
Default Re: All my projects vanished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsjake View Post
The 2019 update of pro tools first is supposed to allow you to have unlimited offline projects. but the program is very glitchy and you can't even depend on it to save anything properly. I got those same messages and all of my projects vanished as well. But even before this 2019 update my 3 online projects still would be very glitchy and not save properly. I guess all we can do is wait and hopefully they can resolve this issue and maybe get our projects back.
That doesn't sound good. I do keep seeing a notification down the bottom right about an Avid update but I have not run it. I installed Pro Tools first about three months ago (maybe longer).

I am going away shortly on a long trip where I wont always have an internet connection. I have Pro Tools first also on my laptop. I was wondering what kind of effect it will have if there is no internet connection or if it will work at all.

Its such a pity it seems so unreliable as it does have a lot going for it. I imagine if this is happening to serious composers they are going to have heart failure if they lose all their work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Mix i/o lost connection with PT MP9 skiffle FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) 7 12-05-2018 09:16 AM
Project 90% complete deleted. Wawili_Sound Pro Tools 2018 21 05-10-2018 11:11 AM
Can't delete projects (or remove from my project list) Boombatty Pro Tools 2018 1 06-05-2017 11:33 AM
Project removed by owner - haven't uploaded changes Boombatty Pro Tools 2018 0 02-01-2017 03:42 PM
old PT Project projects play only 8 tracks? cybchris 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 07-30-2000 04:18 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com