Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: PT 10 - Can't insert any plug-ins

I've received a reply to this for my ticket, thanks for the help, but it's just a list of what has already been suggested in this thread:

"- First, backup contents of Library/Application Support/Digidesign folder
- Run a Clean Uninstall of Pro Tools
- Trash remaining Digidesign and Avid folders
- Reinstall Pro Tools and see if all of the relevant plug-ins are available
- If not, try creating a new Admin User and install there
- If the problem remains, try booting off an OS X disc then use Disk Utility to repair the disk and permissions. "

Except the last point "boot off OsX disk" I have tried everything. I won't re-install my entire system because Pro-tools cannot read my plugin folder sorry. It's just not something I can justify and I fail to see why every other software I have could read my plugin folders but not protools because of some corrupted hard-rive: it's not an isolated case as this thread clearly demonstrate.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 AM

It definitely ain't isolated, been looking for a solution for a good two days and keep ending up back at this thread. I can't believe there is no solution bar reformatting my HDD and a clean install. Like the poster before me I've tried everything else besides the clean install. I refuse to do that. I was seriously considering jumping ship from Logic but I'd at least like to experience the whole product before I make the decision.

How do I even contact Avid support, seems like I have to purchase help?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by luscmu View Post
It definitely ain't isolated, been looking for a solution for a good two days and keep ending up back at this thread. I can't believe there is no solution bar reformatting my HDD and a clean install. Like the poster before me I've tried everything else besides the clean install. I refuse to do that. I was seriously considering jumping ship from Logic but I'd at least like to experience the whole product before I make the decision.

How do I even contact Avid support, seems like I have to purchase help?
Wow, I just wanted to see if any progress had been made with this and, no, months later nothing.

11-04-2011 --> 04-30-2012, Avid tech support = zero progress

Unbelievable. I too have decided to stay with Logic. I would have gladly switched a few months ago, but even with its flaws Logic is has never been this broken.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Avid

Post Re: PT 10 - Can't insert any plug-ins

We are equally frustrated with these cases since we cannot reproduce the failure here, and the steps we've provided either haven't helped or haven't been attempted.

The one customer on this thread (out of 9) that solved the problem re-installed their OS. We realize this is inconvenient, but should not be ruled out as a viable troubleshooting step. (An easier version of this would be to do a fresh OS install on another drive, then boot from that and install Pro Tools.)

Next step would be to get a failing system (or at least an image of your boot drive) in here for our Eng team to analyze. We sent out this request to Xill, but if others are willing/able please let us know and we can arrange something.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 PM

I was having the same issue with PT10,brand new Mac Computer,Brand new Mbox. My plugins would not show up no matter what i installed or reinstalled. what i did to fix it was update the OS from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 and reinstalled pro tools 10 and now it works perfectly! Hope this helps everyone else
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM

Hello, I have the same problem here on Win7 x64 for months now. Is there any progress on this problem?

Michael
Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 AM

I had the same issues but managed to finally solve them. I purchased PT10 but my installation disc didn't work so I downloaded the 10.2.3 installer. I run OS X 10.7.5. I tried installing, clean uninstall, install driver again, re-install. Tried borrowing installation discs from a friend. Nothing, still no plugins even though they were in my Library folder and not under unused neither. Finally got it working today. This is what I did:

1. Clean uninstall
2. Deleted every folder (except the Avid uninstall log file) that had the name Digidesign or Avid.
3. Downloaded and installed any update on my OS X
4. Restart
5. Installed my Mbox mini driver
6. Restart
7. Plugged in my Mbox and already certified iLok
8. Installed PT 10.2.3
9. Restart
10. Opened PT and it finally started loading all the plugins including my Waves and Kontakt 5.

Finally all works but it's a pain in the butt.

Hope it helps somebody. I'm not sure what made the difference the small update to my OS or the step by step installation I followed from Avid's page http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ation-Overview
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 AM

I've had the same problem since purchasing PT10 very frustrating but I finally sorted it.

My installation discs didn't work when I got it. So I downloaded the installer but no plugins were found at all even though they were in the right folder and not the unused plugins folder. I had tried clean uninstall, borrowing another installation disc, installing 10.2 and 10.2.3 with a clean uninstall every time. Nothing made any difference. This is how I got it to work today.

1. Clean uninstall
2. Delete any folder named Digidesign or Avid (I didn't delete the uninstall log file).
3. Download and install update on OS X (mine was a minor 1.5 mb upgrade).
4. Restart
5. Install Mbox mini driver (install any drivers for interfaces you will use).
6. Restart
7. Plug in interface and certified iLok
8. Install 10.2.3. downloaded from Avid
9. Restart
10. Open PT and plugins load

Finally worked including my Waves bundle and Kontakt 5. I'm not sure if it was the update to OS or the step by step instructions I followed from Avid that made the difference. Too much hassle for something that should take 30 minutes!
Installation guide here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ation-Overview
Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 AM

Hi,

I've joined the forum to add to this thread. I had the same problem having no plugins with Pro Tools 10 (full purchased software). I tried re-installing using the most up to date installer, but still no change.

After trying a few different things I finally got it to work correctly, I think the problem is something to do with Digidesign folder having plugins already installed into it before installing Pro Tools itself (in my case all the 3rd party stuff I installed for Logic, which also had the PT plugins as part of the package).

I copied the Digidesign folder to my desktop and then deleted the old one, then reinstalled PT10 and opened a blank session to check all was well.

I then closed PT and copied and pasted the contents of the old Digidesign folder into the new one and choose not to replace any duplicates in the folders.

When I restarted PT, it scanned all the plugins and now works as expected. Thankfully I didn't need to re-install the OS...

Hope this helps

Cheers
J