Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2021, 05:52 PM

Default Pro Tools "reinstatement" errors, my auths gone!

hi all,

hoping someone may have an idea this holiday weekend.
I bought a re-instatement plan for my perpetual pro tools license which had expired. I put the code in went thru the steps.....but now my account has no specifics about my new licenses or my old license. ALso ILOK says "locked group" on my protools auth listing. What is locked group?

Ilok does indicated that some sort of surrender is required, i tried clicking thru it and it gives an error..."can't complete".

Is Avid slow in updating the auths because its a holiday? I swear for a minute i thought it showed proper information 12-31-21 expiration but now its long gone...

Anybody have similar experience???? I now can't used my old versions of protools , ilok is asking me for auth..
tnx
Old 01-01-2021, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools "reinstatement" errors, my auths gone!

Last renewal took a day to show up after I paid for it.

Locked group is normal. From memory that’s just the three versions (10,11,12) in one asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2021, 07:02 PM

is a "surrender" necessary part of re-instatement and any ideas why its not working? im wondering if its because of the holiday and maybe some internal goof on avid's system?

the implication is that im surrendering for the new version, but the next box only shows an old version and either way nothing happens when i click.
my account page show nothing helpful ....though it "looked" like it took the new serial, and gave me a new expiration date that has all vanished.
ideas?

i did submit a support request just now.,
Old 01-01-2021, 07:23 PM

Never had to do a reinstatement so can’t confirm. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:45 PM

Thanks Sardi, the support ticket # is Case Number 04089133.

I think its very odd if Avid didnt send the authorization to ilok, but on the other hand the box to enter the code is still being offered, it seems it doesnt like te code or something. Then I dont know why it canceled my prior ilok authorization.
Nothing makes sense, im very surprised and alarmed. I bought the re-instatement at this online dealer in USA, he claims he's authorized Avid Dealer though he's not a mainstream dealer. There's only a few who still have these left.

Anyway standing by if anybody has ideas, im paralyzed this weekend because i can't use protools!
Old 01-01-2021, 10:00 PM

Only thing I can suggest is to download the demo and run that. Hopefully it can tie you over for the next few days whilst your case gets looked at.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:45 PM

thanks sardi, thats prob a good idea, i was wondering if i can just do a month to month subscription without screwing up my previously registered perpetual version. i would imagine it could work, it would just be a separate ilok authorization probably a different category or something (since the main ilok auth was disabled by this attempt).
Do they generally allow you to have 2 up and running versions with separate auths?

One more point i just looked at my avid account manager desktop/mac app, it says i have perpetual until 12-31-21, but the other panel of the app says "not activated". So i think there's a clog in either communications between avid and ilok or something like that maybe holiday innundated related is best i can think. the ilok manager just keeps telling me you dont have xxx in your account. so thats what im thinking. . Im kinda sorta afraid to download a demo or screw anything up in the meantime if for example i added a demo auth to my ilok. would be interesting though to see if it worked or know if anybody has similar experience...but sitting tight hoping to hear from avid. tnx all!

Last edited by musicman62; 01-01-2021 at 11:40 PM.