How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM

Default ProTools licenses appear to not renew

Hello,

I have a support case in with Avid, it is not solved and support has stopped responding. Therefore I am posting here. This has taken awhile because these systems are used in live television production and we can't take them offline until the show is on hiatus.

I renewed 4 HD and 3 non-HD licenses between two accounts. After some confusion between Avid and Pace it appears the HD licenses are successfully renewed. I attempted to synchronize one of the non-HD licenses and can find no sign that the license is extended, the only licensing date I can find in ILM is the one that just expired.

Here is a screenshot of a forum post from Jeffro indicating that I shouldn't see the license renewal (?) but will see a Release Limit date in ILM -
1 - Release Limit post from jeffro.jpg

Here is a screenshot of ILM/Details where I cannot find the Release Limit date field -
2-ILM Details window.jpg

I recognize since Avid changes this process every year I may simply be unaware of how to see the information. But the fact that I cannot find it concerns me due to Avid's history of license issues.

The attempted non-HD synchronization is from the account linked to this forum, the original support case, #03324885, is from another account with two non-HD licenses, those have not been synchronized until they go on hiatus.

Please advise, I have paid and can find no sign this has occurred.

Sincerely,
Hugh
Old 12-19-2017, 12:21 PM

Default Re: ProTools licenses appear to not renew

Sorry for the delayed response on your case (looking onto that).

Licensing did change back in Sept 2016 with the 12.6 release, this is when the Release Limit was added to perpetual licenses/bundles.

Your screenshot shows Details for your iLok (since that's what's selected), but my post that you reference says to check Details on your license/bundle to see the Release Limit. Checking our system shows the Release Limit on that bundle to be correct - it lines up with the term of your Upgrade and Support Plan. Please click on the Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) in iLok License Manager and check Details - the Release Limit should be at the bottom of what's listed in the Details tab.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:01 AM

Hello,
A nice person from Avid, Margarita, called me and we straightened it out by phone.
Turns out that after purchase the HD licenses showed up at Pace for transfer to the respective iLoks, the non-HD licenses did not show up. Somehow the licenses eventually appeared at Pace, don't know if it was done manually or the server bookkeeping was several weeks behind reality.
Two iLoks remain to be updated, we can't do that until they're on hiatus, but at least they show up in ILM available for transfer which they did not before.

Jeffro - I still don't quite follow where to look for the Release Limit date but when time permits I will attempt to find it, no need to respond. Although it may change again next year....

It's been a wacky year for us with Avid licensing - something which should take a couple of minutes once per year has occupied probably 20 hours of my time cumulatively this year. Thanks to folks like Jeffro and Margarita we can actually get things eventually accomplished but it's certainly easier with Waves licensing.

Hugh
Old 12-23-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh-H View Post
...I still don't quite follow where to look for the Release Limit date...
In iLok License Manager, click on the license, then click Show Details (lower right) and scroll down to the bottom to see the Release Limit...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Release Limit.jpg (64.0 KB, 0 views)