How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2018, 12:06 AM

Default Multiple-computer setup and license/cost impact

Hi all -- I'm seriously considering a switch to Pro Tools, but have a question on pricing and licensing for my multiple computer setup.

I do most of my engineering/mixing/production on my iMac, but due to the way my recording environment is set up (different rooms), I need to record most of my tracks on my Dell laptop.

Do I need to buy two licenses so that I can install Pro Tools on my mac and pc? Or does the license agreement allow me to install on both for the same price?

Many thanks for the help.