Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 01:43 PM

Default no way to vertical zoom on single midi note in pt7

Is there no way to vertical zoom on the single midi note view (eg: Octave 1, C1)

Horizontal zooming is not a problem, but it seems when you go into midi view= single note, vertical zooming of the track is disabled.

This is a big problem when u want to edit the velocity of the track (no enough screen height)

I'm on PT7
Old 02-04-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: no way to vertical zoom on single midi note in pt7

don c

Quote:
Is there no way to vertical zoom on the single midi note view (eg: Octave 1, C1)
Hey Don ...with respect, I'm just curious as to why you are using this method. Could you explain to us what your trying to do?

filosofem

Old 02-04-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: no way to vertical zoom on single midi note in

Sure i have about 10 midi tracks all set to view as single note.

Eg: c1, c2, c3, c4 etc.

Each track is used to program a different drum part.

When i want to add velocities of hi hat's and snare rolls, its pretty difficult because the track height does not increase when i am trying to zoom in.

Btw, i know there's many other ways of programming drums, but i like this method.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:52 PM

don c
Quote:
i know there's many other ways of programming drums, but i like this method.
No no not at all ...in fact I like the sound of this method. Routing ReDrum direct to Pro Tools via Reason's Interface, mapping ten octaves, each routed respectively to their tracks ...very cool.
Quote:
When i want to add velocities of hi hat's and snare rolls, its pretty difficult because the track height does not increase when i am trying to zoom in.
Yeah well ...as for this, I see no other way around it, you'll just have to set your Track Height and use the Zoom tools to adjust velocities.

filosofem

Old 02-04-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
No.

Something I wish we had. I also wish we could make the 'piano' or 'keyboard' graphic a little bit wider. It's hard to see.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-04-2006, 08:25 PM

Yeah I just finished setting this method up, I'll tell you what, you'd have to setup some sort of template, for stuff doing that every time you require sampled drums. But once setup, very convenient, no mucking around with the piano roll, all your event data is right there, but yeah ...that vertical zoom ...what a pain in the posterior.

Maybe one of these might help. Feature Request Form

filosofem

Old 02-05-2006, 02:00 AM

Hey Shan, do you know a quick key command, that would quickly switch to the normal sized velocity view, and switch back easily? Any workarounds to speed up work flow in this case, when wanting to edit midi velocity?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:40 AM

I have a drum grid of about 40+ tracks all set to one note and have been using this for a whiles. The only workaround for what i 'think' your trying to do is to group all your midi drum tracks and when you set one to medium eight etc all the others will follow suit.

BUT... heres the bit that SUCKS!.... you cant select one note view in a group. Only the track you are trying to set 'one note' veiw will revert to that state. There has been a couple of times i accidently changed the height of the entire 40 tracks and have had to manually reset them one by one!.... not fun

Ive found that PT7 real time midi capabilities are pretty useful for midi drum parts. Check out the reference guide if you havnt and you might find some use there
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22 PM

Quote:
...do you know a quick key command, that would quickly switch to the normal sized velocity view, and switch back easily? Any workarounds to speed up work flow in this case, when wanting to edit midi velocity?
hi don

i'm still at 6.4, but can't you just add two new memory locations? check the 'track heights' box

on both, set the time properties to 'none'. you could name them "single note" and "edit velocity".

set the heights on the tracks then add the memory locations.

is bueno?

they call me The Thread Killer
Old 02-06-2006, 12:46 AM

JustMe
Quote:
can't you just add two new memory locations? check the 'track heights' box on both, set the time properties to 'none'. you could name them "single note" and "edit velocity". set the heights on the tracks then add the memory locations.
Great thought!

I just set that up and have run into a glitch, "edit velocity" works fine, but when returning to "single note" it will only return to a mini track height not to Single Note mode.

Have you come across the same thing?

Quote:
is bueno?
What is bueno?

filosofem