Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2019, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
No one was ready with AAX-DSP, Waves and many others never decided to develop aax-dsp plugins and up until today still only a few third party companies make AAX-DSP. When I track with an Apollo I sort of imagine what a HDX system with a great feature set of almost latency free dsp based plugins could have been.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I doubt many HDX owners would agree. For HDX to be more like UAD2, it would need to be far worse at utilising the native system, have fewer DSP plugins available and run on even older DSP chips from 2009.

There is no doubt that the HDX platform could be improved. I would love to see the option to change the way the DSP is implemented from the current full mix engine to a mix mode with DSP plugin processing only. I don't really think UAD2 does it better. If anything, the complete segregation of DSP and Native makes it closer to the worst of both worlds.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 04-12-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:26 PM

One thing I hope they do with 2019 - release all the plugins in the installer (or maybe even an Ultimate Plugin Pack with the included Ultimate plugs) that is a one click install.

I finally got around to updating a bunch of stuff today and had to click through the install process about 20 times (literally).

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 04-12-2019, 08:41 PM

I run hdx and use aax dsp and native plugins. I don't see how it's a negative. You get the hdx engine and also as many native plugs as well just like a full native system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
I run hdx and use aax dsp and native plugins. I don't see how it's a negative. You get the hdx engine and also as many native plugs as well just like a full native system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
With the added benefit of being able to switch 'em between DSP for low latency and Native for mixing as the click of a button!
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
One thing I hope they do with 2019 - release all the plugins in the installer (or maybe even an Ultimate Plugin Pack with the included Ultimate plugs) that is a one click install.

I finally got around to updating a bunch of stuff today and had to click through the install process about 20 times (literally).
They already got it together in 2018, it's called Avid Complete Plugin Bundle
Old 04-13-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Just out of curiosity. Does anyone actually use the Avid complete plug in bundle on their mixes. If so which ones are particularly good and which ones do you avoid?

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 04-13-2019, 04:13 AM

Quote:
noah330 is referring to Avid's application manager. It's a useless app. It should've been modelled on something like NI Access where you can click on everything you want to install, and it just takes care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Just out of curiosity. Does anyone actually use the Avid complete plug in bundle on their mixes. If so which ones are particularly good and which ones do you avoid?
The Avid Pro stuff is pretty damn decent. And Revibe & Space get a good run here, particularly for 5.1 stuff.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Pro Expander and Pro Compressor kind of replaced Drawmer TDM and Rane TDM, because those two were the only gates that didn't click on percussive materials, and compressed as you assume hardware does it. Sonnox Dynamics comes close but is very slow to dial in just right.

Pro Limiter is a kind of a letdown, because yes it kills Waves L2 but there have been so many better limiters out there since that. Say you have a demo of Massey L2007 limiter and don't mind the thing loses settings when you close a session, you get similar quality for free.

Pro Subharmonics on the other hand is kind of unique, not in features but in the quality you get out of it. Pro Multiband isn't a Waves C6 killer I wanted it to be, but it's good in what it does and kills Waves C4.

Impact/Smack/ReelSuite/Focusrite are nice but already aged. Reverb1 and Revibe2 are no match to Exponential Audio (now iZotope) reverbs, but do their job nicely and are AAXDSP
Old 04-13-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
noah330 is referring to Avid's application manager. It's a useless app. It should've been modelled on something like NI Access where you can click on everything you want to install, and it just takes care of it.

The Avid Pro stuff is pretty damn decent. And Revibe & Space get a good run here, particularly for 5.1 stuff.
Thanks good to know!

Old 04-13-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Pro Expander and Pro Compressor kind of replaced Drawmer TDM and Rane TDM, because those two were the only gates that didn't click on percussive materials, and compressed as you assume hardware does it. Sonnox Dynamics comes close but is very slow to dial in just right.

Pro Limiter is a kind of a letdown, because yes it kills Waves L2 but there have been so many better limiters out there since that. Say you have a demo of Massey L2007 limiter and don't mind the thing loses settings when you close a session, you get similar quality for free.

Pro Subharmonics on the other hand is kind of unique, not in features but in the quality you get out of it. Pro Multiband isn't a Waves C6 killer I wanted it to be, but it's good in what it does and kills Waves C4.

Impact/Smack/ReelSuite/Focusrite are nice but already aged. Reverb1 and Revibe2 are no match to Exponential Audio (now iZotope) reverbs, but do their job nicely and are AAXDSP
Janne, appreciate the feedback! I'll have to try some of these out.