Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2020, 06:29 AM

Default Tracks not uploading to cloud?

I've had Pro Tools First for about a month now and recorded 2 songs and it was working perfectly at first but the it suddenly deleted both of my projects. When I went into the open project page there was a small yellow triangle with "not available" written beside it and now this happens regularly and i can't get anything done. Whenever I add a new track the task manager opens and it says uploading but then fails and i cannot get it to try again. I presume this is where the problem lies but i have not seen any other threads experiencing this issue. It is very frustrating please help.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Tracks not uploading to cloud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColmShort View Post
I've had Pro Tools First for about a month now and recorded 2 songs and it was working perfectly at first but the it suddenly deleted both of my projects. When I went into the open project page there was a small yellow triangle with "not available" written beside it and now this happens regularly and i can't get anything done. Whenever I add a new track the task manager opens and it says uploading but then fails and i cannot get it to try again. I presume this is where the problem lies but i have not seen any other threads experiencing this issue. It is very frustrating please help.
Sadly, you may want to look around DUC at the number of issues people have with Avid cloud storage. There is no way I would use this flakey cloud storage and risk losing work.

Avid support will hopefully look into this for you, and hopefully you have your work saved elsewhere.

There are many other fantastic DAWs to choose from, including Pro Tools (standard... using non-cloud local stored sessions). Since you are on Windows I would also give Reaper a look.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:02 PM

Thanks very much I downloaded reaper there but it doesn’t seem to have the same level of functionality. Is there anyway to work off internal storgage with pro tools first or is cloud storage the only option?
Old 06-21-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColmShort View Post
Thanks very much I downloaded reaper there but it doesn’t seem to have the same level of functionality. Is there anyway to work off internal storgage with pro tools first or is cloud storage the only option?
You cannot really work off internal storage with Pro Tool First. The best you can do is a cached cloud sessions.

I have no idea what features you are looking at but Reaper (as an example) is very capable, Pro Tools first is actually pretty crippled, in session size and capability. Especially with Plugins, Reaper gives you full access to the entire VST plugin (and especially VI) ecosystem. Pro Tools First gives you a limited selection of AAX plugins from the Avid store... with overall poor VI coverage compared to any other popular DAW. And I mention VIs specifically as they are often important to starting/home musicians.

If you really like the Pro Tools UI and some of the standard plugins you see.. then upgrade to a Pro Tools (standard) subscription.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:06 PM

I don’t know much about DAWs and that yet I’m only starting out on home recording. I need to look at it more it was just at first glance it’s a lot more clean simple looking interface. I will experiment with new DAWs as pro tools definitely isn’t working. Might move to Mac soon as logic I’ve heard is very good.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:23 PM

Logic Pro is great, especially for composition/VI work. But even Garage Band can be great, depends on what you do. I think the best advice is to look for a DAW that you know folks use and like, friends, band members etc. ... esp. if you might collaborate with them.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:39 PM

Ye thank you very much I don’t really know many who are working on music but ye I’ll look for one that people seem to like. You’ve been very helpful thank you.