Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Default Re: mc control freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
This to me sounds like a router or firewall problem.
Hi, I don't have firewall on and the control is going straight into the Mac Pro using the supplied ethernet cable, no other ethernet devices are connected. I appreciate the help though! Process of elimination and all that.

I have emailed Euphonix several times with no reply. This is my second unit. I have heard other users on forums saying they needed several replacements before they got a fully operational unit. That seems quite shocking!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T S View Post
Hi, I don't have firewall on and the control is going straight into the Mac Pro using the supplied ethernet cable, no other ethernet devices are connected. I appreciate the help though! Process of elimination and all that.

I have emailed Euphonix several times with no reply. This is my second unit. I have heard other users on forums saying they needed several replacements before they got a fully operational unit. That seems quite shocking!
My V1 works relatively well here, beside the screen being less precise and responsive than V2.

Before returning the hardware just make sure it's not anything else that is causing the problem. Normally you also have a 1 year guarantee at the shop or something similar, you could also bring it there and a comparison test with other McControl in stock. Else I'm sure Euphonix will help, even if it takes a while for them to reply.

Maybe the upcoming update will fix it.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the advice mate, yeah I will hold tight for the 2.6.1 update.
I got it through DigitalVillage so i'm covered with a 1 year manufacturers warranty and a 4/5 year warranty with the store.
Fingers crossed for 2.6.1... Does anyone have a date for that?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Supposed to be out "within days" since last week...
Old 08-24-2011, 03:53 AM

within days... 365 of them
Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by T S View Post

Is this going into ethernet port 1 or port 2? Have you tried assigning a static IP address to the Control (per the info in the Euphonix FAQ)?

Do you have Airport enabled and, if so, is it the first item listed in your Network system preference panel?

Regarding having emailed us several times - I see one submitted email support case from 6/21 that had several exchanges. Did you submit other cases under a different email address perhaps? Can you give me the case number confirmation you received from the other support cases you submitted?

Does your current until still have screen flicker?

The fader 'whir' is an issue that we're working on and it's going through testing currently - we hopefully should have it available shortly.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
then why does my MC mix and transport work fine?

I've tried only plugging in the MC control using the same cable/channel as my working Mix and it still freezes constantly.

MC
Are you still working on the Mac system? Can you give me details about how your network is connected -what is connected to each Ethernet port, what your Network system preference panel has enabled and in which order in the left hand panel, etc? Are you using static or dynamic IP addressing for your control surfaces?

Can you also try trashing preferences and let us know if that helps at all?

Navigate on your system hard drive to Users>your account>Library>Preferences and place the following files in the trash:

com.euphonix.eucon.plist
com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist

Then navigate to your system drive>Library>Preferences and put the following files in the trash:

com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist
com.euphonix.install.EuControl.plist

Empty the trash and restart your computer, then test again.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Are you still working on the Mac system? Can you give me details about how your network is connected -what is connected to each Ethernet port, what your Network system preference panel has enabled and in which order in the left hand panel, etc? Are you using static or dynamic IP addressing for your control surfaces?

Can you also try trashing preferences and let us know if that helps at all?

Navigate on your system hard drive to Users>your account>Library>Preferences and place the following files in the trash:

com.euphonix.eucon.plist
com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist

Then navigate to your system drive>Library>Preferences and put the following files in the trash:

com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist
com.euphonix.install.EuControl.plist

Empty the trash and restart your computer, then test again.

My main DAW is a windows 7 x64 machine: 970/gigabyte Ex58-UD5/12 gigs ram/revodrive SSD for OS/4 Samsung F3 spinpoints for audio,samples etc, ATI GFX

my Euphonix controllers are connected via a netgear 8 port gigabit switch using dynamic IP.

on the switch:

port 1; empty
port 2: mc mix
port 3: mc control
port 3: mc transport
port 4: windows 7 DAW
port 5: OSX 10.6.7 DAW
port 6: link to broadband
port 7: empty
port 8: empty

I have tried connecting ONLY the MC control to either the win 7 or OSX machine and it still freezes costantly(via the switch) the Mix and transport work 100%

MC
Old 08-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
My main DAW is a windows 7 x64 machine: 970/gigabyte Ex58-UD5/12 gigs ram/revodrive SSD for OS/4 Samsung F3 spinpoints for audio,samples etc, ATI GFX

my Euphonix controllers are connected via a netgear 8 port gigabit switch using dynamic IP.

on the switch:

port 1; empty
port 2: mc mix
port 3: mc control
port 3: mc transport
port 4: windows 7 DAW
port 5: OSX 10.6.7 DAW
port 6: link to broadband
port 7: empty
port 8: empty

I have tried connecting ONLY the MC control to either the win 7 or OSX machine and it still freezes costantly(via the switch) the Mix and transport work 100%

MC
Ok, in that case I *think* you may have a hardware problem with your Control. You should submit a support case and include a link to this thread in your message with info about your problem, so we can determine the best method for getting you sorted.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Is this going into ethernet port 1 or port 2? Have you tried assigning a static IP address to the Control (per the info in the Euphonix FAQ)?

Do you have Airport enabled and, if so, is it the first item listed in your Network system preference panel?

Regarding having emailed us several times - I see one submitted email support case from 6/21 that had several exchanges. Did you submit other cases under a different email address perhaps? Can you give me the case number confirmation you received from the other support cases you submitted?

Does your current until still have screen flicker?

The fader 'whir' is an issue that we're working on and it's going through testing currently - we hopefully should have it available shortly.
It is going to ethernet port 1
I have setup a static IP for it now, I read in the manual it was probably never necessary so didn't set it up before, hopefully it will help.
Regarding the emails, I didn't receive a response on the case for a while so I emailed some of your colleagues directly from email address I had acquired from previous emails, I was concerned as my return policy was running out.

Still have screen flicker, like most cases I have read it is worse when I am looking directly down on the unit, from an angle it is still there but less apparent.
I appreciate your response, I am keen to add a couple of Artist Mixes to the setup but would like to wait until the whir issue has been addressed.