Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 08-05-2018, 11:25 PM

Default Problems Ajusting to PT 12 (frusterated)

Okay , So I recently was forced to ungraded to PT 12 from PT 10 because of my Kontakt Libraries that wouldnt open in PT 10,I had to udate from Kontakt 5 - 5.7 and only PT 12 is compatible with Kontakt 5.7
But now my issues are lack of plugins in PT10
I had the AIR plugins as well as many many other factory plugins that I used,Plus my Antares AutoTune 7 no longer works and many other things,I feel I must relearn PT when I just got the sound I wanted for my Mixes and Mastering after 5 lomg years of learning PT10,I berelt got my groove....but I also was not able to use my sound libraries in Kontakt....SO i guess I must sacrife one thing for the good of the other........Advice or Tips would be helpfull and greatly appreciated
Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Problems Ajusting to PT 12 (frusterated)

Update your plugins to AAX versions and everything will be as it was.

Everything that was in v10 is still in v12. Nothing has been removed from the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 01:07 AM

It sounds to me that you need to get your old plugins back, yes? Aside from AT 7 - which plugins are you missing?

It was pretty smooth sailing for me going from 10 to 12, but I also went from a HD Accel to a HDX system. That was a bit more challenging due to lack of DSP plugins.

But, I took my time, and slowly found new go-to plugins. Worked out great in the end.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgrijalva View Post
Okay , So I recently was forced to ungraded to PT 12 from PT 10 because of my Kontakt Libraries that wouldnt open in PT 10,I had to udate from Kontakt 5 - 5.7 and only PT 12 is compatible with Kontakt 5.7
But now my issues are lack of plugins in PT10
I had the AIR plugins as well as many many other factory plugins that I used,Plus my Antares AutoTune 7 no longer works and many other things,I feel I must relearn PT when I just got the sound I wanted for my Mixes and Mastering after 5 lomg years of learning PT10,I berelt got my groove....but I also was not able to use my sound libraries in Kontakt....SO i guess I must sacrife one thing for the good of the other........Advice or Tips would be helpfull and greatly appreciated
Responded to your post over in the NI forum. Are you trying to run PT10 and PT12 on the same system and have access to the same plugins? Remember that PT10 uses RTAS (which NI dropped supporting some time back) and aax32 format plugs. I know for the longest time NI's plugs supported both aax32 and aax64 but the current version of Kontakt (5.7) only supports aax64. You also mentioned problems with Reason not showing in PT12 - you need to be running the 64 bit version of Reason. At one time that used to entail installing the 64 bit version as Reason for Windows used to have two separate versions.

Also keep in mind that according to this chart http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
PT10 is not considered compatible with Win10.

QAPLA!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:39 AM

Yes ^^^ !
Be shure to have both installed RTAS and AAX .