Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Firmware Update v 1.0.3...now!

Thanks for the reply. The firmware updated without any problems, PTLE 8.0.1 booted up fine, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
Yes, the firmware updater should run just fine on the PowerPC. Pro Tools 8.0.1 should also run just fine with the 1.0.3 firmware.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboymusic View Post
The B.S. Law.

That's AVID's LAW!!!

Quote:
TheChimp....One thing worth mentioning is that if we do any significant feature additions, we have to charge money for them...it's the law. So, we're picking our battles, and saving up the 'big stuff' for the huge release we HOPE to do...but I can't say anything about when that might be, exactly.
Well, at least that cat is out of the bag, so now we know it's not gonna be free

I just hope that any new amp or effects models wont cost too much. I really dig my 11R, but paying for new models is a bummer to me...especially since everyone likes to compare it to the Axe-FX, with their updates being free and all...

Later
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Talking Re: Eleven Rack Firmware Update v 1.0.3...now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Would be pretty cool if when you all DO get to do an Upgrade for the Eleven Rack, if the software would be backwards compatible with the Eleven RTAS. That would be a nice way to add the ability to use 2 identical rigs at once (at least in Pro Tools) without taxing the DSP in the Eleven Rack anymore (route the dry guitar to an audio track with Eleven RTAS on it) I essentially do this now, just Eleven RTAS doesn't have the effects, so i have to use 3rd party plugs to get the sound I want.

It would be really cool to basically give the RTAS version away when the rack is purchased (like how Pro Tools comes bundled with any interface) and make both versions the same.

Anyway, 1.0.3 is good. I appreciate the improved tuner since i tune down so damn low

Hopefully the Eleven Rack will continue to sell well so Avid will put more money behind its development. Eleven already sounds amazing (both rack and RTAS) just imagine how great it will be when they roll out Eleven Rack ULTIMATE with 8 DSP chips, 22 Amps, 80 effects, Intel Lightpeak connection, 8 inch full color touch screen display, 4 actual tubes, input 4 guitars at once, ability to load 4 rigs at once per input, free candy dispenser, and wifi connectivity all for 3 easy payment of $29.95! BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

Let a man dream will ya
There is a lot of POTENTIAL in that box and two connectors one looks like a DSP tickler/Firmware port the other....looks like it could be used for a daughterboard which offers up potential
the 96khz well OK after all...my mesa boogies and riveras were not 96khz...hee hee i believe the proc and DSP power will suffice for awhile..but as i posted there are improvements in hardware that could be implemented for DIMES......

now how about some...2x12 JBL aluminum cones (D series 120F's like in the 69 twin reverb and a set of the JBL 4 10's D110F's that were in the 68 super reverb...GAWD when a drunk audience (wanna be still standing dancers) and dumb asses need to be woke the fu$%#K up at 2AM a tele, and a JBL super and a white coil cord (the worst in the world).....that'll do it every time...'specially if you are trying to outplay in a head chopper...buck, don and country polka....kicked up a notch...

now i see i need to load firmware and try the win764 drivers..... hummm? we'll see

Genius hath electric power which earth can never tame. Bright suns may scorch and dark clouds lower, It's flash is still the same.
-Lydia Maria Child
Old 08-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
That's AVID's LAW!!!

Well, at least that cat is out of the bag, so now we know it's not gonna be free

I just hope that any new amp or effects models wont cost too much. I really dig my 11R, but paying for new models is a bummer to me...especially since everyone likes to compare it to the Axe-FX, with their updates being free and all...

Later
FREE? anin't nutt'n free when the beans and the CFO get involved

and....the only real thing free is a trail in the mountains, the beach (sometimes on both) and the wide open asphalt in a ride that can insure no annoyance by the MAN!.....

and the buses on the island......and view...blah blah

Genius hath electric power which earth can never tame. Bright suns may scorch and dark clouds lower, It's flash is still the same.
-Lydia Maria Child
Old 08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Avid

I promise we won't break the bank :)

I didn't mean to start a firestorm with my 'law' comment...it was meant to be sort of tongue-in-cheek. What I meant to get across is that there are a whole bunch of pieces which need to line up to get new amps and cabs out to you guys, many of which are beyond the control of our little guitar team.

But we're working on it....
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckamc View Post
I'm definitely ignorant of the laws governing this type of business, but can you explain why this is the case? Line 6 and Fractal don't charge for introducing an enormous array of new effects and amps to their products. Line 6 gave away TONS of new effects in their last (free) M13/9 update, and obviously Fractal has been doing it for years. (Or did you mean "law" metaphorically?)
I believe but can't speak for the Chimp ....but..the Law i think refers to the folks who sign his checks......both pay and resources.....IMHO..of course

-Lydia Maria Child
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
I promise we won't break the bank :)

I didn't mean to start a firestorm with my 'law' comment...it was meant to be sort of tongue-in-cheek. What I meant to get across is that there are a whole bunch of pieces which need to line up to get new amps and cabs out to you guys, many of which are beyond the control of our little guitar team.

But we're working on it....
No firestorm there Chimpster! Having to pay for them...although a bummer to us who have purchased the 11R, is NOT unexpected!

And I have said it before and I'll say it again...if I never get any updates at all, I'll still be very happy, because I had nothing before the Eleven Rack, and I'm in hog heaven with it as it is!!!!!!

Peace
Mike

Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
No firestorm there Chimpster! Having to pay for them...although a bummer to us who have purchased the 11R, is NOT unexpected!

And I have said it before and I'll say it again...if I never get any updates at all, I'll still be very happy, because I had nothing before the Eleven Rack, and I'm in hog heaven with it as it is!!!!!!

Peace
Mike

Now Mike please stay away from the Hogs...i hear they are a tad worried.....

Thanks Chimp

but i gotta go then i try out stuff....creation dates and numbers for win7 drivers please....thanks!

-Lydia Maria Child
Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Avid

The Driver version for all Windows operating systems will show as 5.10.0.5115 if you get Properties on it or open the Eleven Rack control panel.

Date modified should be 08/11/2009.
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 08-10-2010, 12:43 PM

I feel that most firmware updates to fix flaws should be free to users, to insure the 11R and PTLE perform as expected. Reliable functionality of the 11R and PTLE is far more important to me than new amps, cabs and effects. If a firmware update can include valuable new features for a commensurate fee, I'm OK with that.

Adding new amps, cabs and effects requires development resources ($), so I'm not opposed to upgrade costs IF they are realistic and offer features that I can use. As guitarists are so diverse with their tone choices, maybe it would best to offer them individually. I wouldn't want to pay a premium for 10 new amps if I was only going to use 1 of them.

The few amps and cabs I use work very well, and I am still exploring other amp and cab combinations. My main issue with the current amp choices is that tremolo should be a separate effect, as it is not available on some amps. Although I can certainly use my pedal board with the 11R, if the 11R's effects included a compressor with more controls, a parametric EQ, and tremolo, I'd be able to gig with just the 11R and a foot controller.