Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 07-22-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Snapshot recall of the patchbay

In version 2 software are patching changes in the patchbay recallable in a snapshot?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Avid

Default Re: Snapshot recall of the patchbay

Yes - patchbay routing has been recallable w/ snapshots since the original version 1.0 release. Input and output routing can be stored/recalled separately using the IN and OUT buttons within the data scope section, respectively.

Sheldon
Old 07-25-2006, 07:53 AM

Hi Sheldon,

I noticed that snapshots do not save channel locations if I move channels (with the "move selected strip here" option). I wanted to have different channel locations for two different bands/engineers and it was not possible using the snapshots. The only way to do this now is to save the two setups in two different show files which is not useful as is turns off the audio when loading files.

Am I correct?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Hi Sheldon,

I noticed that snapshots do not save channel locations if I move channels (with the "move selected strip here" option). I wanted to have different channel locations for two different bands/engineers and it was not possible using the snapshots. The only way to do this now is to save the two setups in two different show files which is not useful as is turns off the audio when loading files.

Am I correct?
There is a way around this. You can snapshot the hardware patching along with the channel names. Then you just snapshot everything else for those channels. I think it would potentially be a lot of work. This doesn't help with plugins, though. I've used this in a couple of large productions, but you have to be real careful when you start getting into that kind of thing because it's easy to get yourself in a corner.

When I've had multiple bands on one show, I typically try and keep the main act on Bank A and the support on Bank B. Then I do a snapshot for each band to store ALL their settings. Rembmer you can always patch hardware inputs to multiple channels; just remember to snapshot the different PRE settings because adjusting them on one channel will adjust the other as well.

Dave
Old 08-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Avid

Hi Eytan,

You are correct. Channel patchbay routing can be stored/recall, but console channel position is not. Dave summed up one possible solution in his post.

Quote:
The only way to do this now is to save the two setups in two different show files which is not useful as is turns off the audio when loading files.
Here's a helpful hint to speed up loading shows: if the plug-in rack configuration is identical between the two shows (i.e., which plug-ins are in use, and where they're located in the rack), then loading the new show takes only a fraction of the normal time as the rack doesn't need to be re-initialized.

Sheldon