Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Having Problems with Advance MIDI in Reasons

I'm having problems with Protools and Reason or at least I think I'm having problems. I think that I should be able to use my Korg Keyboard as a Trigger for the ReDrums on Reason. I have full verson of Reason and I think that I should be able to go to Preferences and then Advance Midi and choose a Reason Device. It's only showing me "MPU-401" as an option and not all the reason rack. Can someone help me figure out what's going on here.
Sam
[email protected]
Old 06-29-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Having Problems with Advance MIDI in Reasons

mpu-401 is a midi port. probably for the onboard sound of your motherboard, or it could be from a soundblaster or something if you have one installed. is your keyboard connected to that or is it connected to digi hardware?

you need to preferences > midi and set the sequencer to either mpu-401 or your digi hardware (whichever your keyboard is connected to).

for sequencing, remember to set the track focus for the sequencer (its the midi connector icon on the left of each track in the sequencer).