Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 AM

Default AAX DSP PI's now reaching decent numbers

A small milestone for me yesterday with the release of Sonnox Dynamics PI.

For the first time everything bar effects (apart from Revibe II on DSP) in the mix were running off my HDX card on AAX DSP.

So cheers to Sonnox, McDSP, MDW and Cranesong

If Sonnox get their Reverb out apart from Soundtoys (as yet undecided re AAX DSP) my entire mix will once more be running on my card, if I want it to.

A huge improvement from 4 months ago.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM

Default Re: AAX DSP PI's now reaching decent numbers

I have the same problem Now I'll soon be needing a 2nd HDX card.

I solved my Reverb problem with outboards. I'll not be using a Reverb plugin for the foreseeable future until Bricasti makes an AAX DSP clone or Lexicon's PCMs are DSP.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
or Lexicon's PCMs are DSP.
That, my friend, is close to the only thing that needs to be done before PT11 -- or be ready for release on day one. Lexicon needs to get their AAX versions out sooner rather than later, because of their history of bad support. If they continue that habit, they lose their customers.

I mean, come on, if there was a LexiVerb for Mix systems, PCM reverb for HD systems, and some other vapourware product in the non-foreseeable future for HDX systems, who cares?

They do need to get their current product line updated or people (at least myself) are going to lose faith.

Same goes to TC Electronics, if they're listening. Get your act together and release your TDM plugs as AAX already. And now you don't even have the excuse of not being able to fit a VSS4 or MD4 into a TDM chip...
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
I have the same problem Now I'll soon be needing a 2nd HDX card.

I solved my Reverb problem with outboards. I'll not be using a Reverb plugin for the foreseeable future until Bricasti makes an AAX DSP clone or Lexicon's PCMs are DSP.
I like Revibe II and that's DSP, as far as I'm aware Sonnox are doing Reverb as DSP ;-)

As to Soundtoys AAX native yes but I hope for dsp as well.

I also use an external Lexicon PCM81 and when I'm lucky an M7 as well! No compatibility issues with those!

M7 is incredible I wish that was mine but I just get loaned one by a Colleague from time to time.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
That, my friend, is close to the only thing that needs to be done before PT11 -- or be ready for release on day one. Lexicon needs to get their AAX versions out sooner rather than later, because of their history of bad support. If they continue that habit, they lose their customers.

I mean, come on, if there was a LexiVerb for Mix systems, PCM reverb for HD systems, and some other vapourware product in the non-foreseeable future for HDX systems, who cares?

They do need to get their current product line updated or people (at least myself) are going to lose faith.

Same goes to TC Electronics, if they're listening. Get your act together and release your TDM plugs as AAX already. And now you don't even have the excuse of not being able to fit a VSS4 or MD4 into a TDM chip...
I owned Spark by Tc they made me an offer to add more plug ins (vst) which I did.......then dropped it. Oh you can still use the Plug ins we sold you! Not in PT. I wasn't impressed.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Pickles View Post
I owned Spark by Tc they made me an offer to add more plug ins (vst) which I did.......then dropped it. Oh you can still use the Plug ins we sold you! Not in PT. I wasn't impressed.
I hear you.

My current gripe is with these companies:
- TC (you have the SDK. release the stuff!)
- Serato (PNT and Rane Series, 'nuff said)
- AbbeyRoad (sell your stuff to Waves if you cannot do it yourself)
- Eventide (yes you're trying your best but be faster, I miss Eventide Reverb so very much)

I have to give Eventide the benefit of the doubt because they have already released some stuff as AAX native. Including the Blackhole, which is a whole new plugin and I love it. But I would want to get more of the Anthology II released as we all can probably smell PT11 right around the corner. And that is going to be AAX only. If they release the Eventide Reverb in a timely manner, I'm happy waiting for the rest of the bundle for longer time.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I hear you.

My current gripe is with these companies:
- TC (you have the SDK. release the stuff!)
- Serato (PNT and Rane Series, 'nuff said)
- AbbeyRoad (sell your stuff to Waves if you cannot do it yourself)
- Eventide (yes you're trying your best but be faster, I miss Eventide Reverb so very much)

I have to give Eventide the benefit of the doubt because they have already released some stuff as AAX native. Including the Blackhole, which is a whole new plugin and I love it. But I would want to get more of the Anthology II released as we all can probably smell PT11 right around the corner. And that is going to be AAX only. If they release the Eventide Reverb in a timely manner, I'm happy waiting for the rest of the bundle for longer time.
Yeah I had the H949? As part of a massive pack it would be nice to be able to use it again or be offered an upgrade path to AAX bundles etc.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 AM

When I asked Eventide, they did not give any positive comments to whether they will go DSP in fact they made it clear they do not plan to port Anthology in its entirety.
This was some time ago and I am nobody to expect a honest answer from them but the answer sound,d very , dare I say the " W " word Wave,ish
But they have release a few AAX Native.
Although I often think some companies might release a aax plug or two to give the impression of being committed to aax, so not to lose sale.
Not at all saying this is true just personal speculation, perhaps a thought I should have kept to myself.

But if they would have given a public commitment to DSP I would own the Anthology II bundle as of now.