Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Tyan Quad guy late to the party...9073 error

Im doing a clean install of XP and starting over. Couple things that came up the first time around I wasnt sure about, so I'll go ahead and ask this time...

When optimizing XP it says to turn off Network adapters and other devices. I am not using the system on the internet or on a network(its a dedicated recording machine).

The only Network adapter is a 1394 Net Adapter. Am I to disable this? Its not my firewire port for the 003R correct?

Second...below the Network Adapter list in Device Manager is a yellow question mark (?) reading "other devices"...Ethernet Controller, PCI memory Controller, SM Bus Controller and Video Controller...I am to disable those devices correct?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross H View Post
Im doing a clean install of XP and starting over. Couple things that came up the first time around I wasnt sure about, so I'll go ahead and ask this time...

When optimizing XP it says to turn off Network adapters and other devices. I am not using the system on the internet or on a network(its a dedicated recording machine).

The only Network adapter is a 1394 Net Adapter. Am I to disable this? Its not my firewire port for the 003R correct?

do not disable. it part of your f/w chain as is your IEEE 1394 bus controller

Second...below the Network Adapter list in Device Manager is a yellow question mark (?) reading "other devices"...Ethernet Controller, PCI memory Controller, SM Bus Controller and Video Controller...I am to disable those devices correct?

try to resolve the question marks by pointin' to the drivers folder on your drivers cd that you received with your mobo

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 04-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Gotcha on the Network Adapter...

I did not get a disk for the MoBo from the former owner...I will search the drivers on line and down load.

Once I get those correctly loaded and operating, are there any of those devices that should be disabled?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Ross H,

With the MoBo driver set you get it may have a bunch of stuff referring to network management, firewall, or other things. Don't install any of that. Just install the basic MoBo drivers.

In answer to your other question about the 1394 Network Adapter in Device Manager under Network Adapters, yes you can disable it and your Firewire will work properly. Do not disable anything under IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers. I have had mine set up like this for several years. I use an 002r as well as FW drives.

Hope this helps,
Greg
Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM

Searching for the drivers now...

While I have everyones attention...

I have an extra DVD burner as well as extra hard drives...couple of raptors and 7200s...from my old box.

How many Internal Hard drives does this Tyan Motherboard support...there are plenty of openings in the case, but I am ignorant regarding basic hardware and BIOS configurations. I would throw them in for backups, dedicated BFD drive, etc. but considering all of the effort in the last 24 hours, I will forgo installing the extras and get back to work, but since I have the box open and am in the zone, I thought I would really max this baby out if it's easy enough????

Ross
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM

From their website

Integrated Serial ATA Controller
• Two integrated dual port SATA-II controllers
• Supports up to four SATA-II drives; 3.0 Gb/sec.
• Supports four independent SATA ports
• SATA RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD

Integrated ATA-133
• Two ATA-133 Ch. for up to four ATA-133 device

http://www.tyan.com/product_board_spec.aspx?pid=109

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-18-2009, 02:53 PM

OK Frustration kicking in...

Full reformat of the C drive and a fresh XP prof/SP3 load...everything was cool. C drive stated (system)

Plugged back in the 450Gig for Samples and did a reformat of that drive. Waited like 2 hours and at the last stage of reformat of Samples Drive Windows said it could not complete the format.

I right clicked My Computer/Manage and my C drive now says (boot) again and the samples drive again says (system)???

Should I reformat the samples drive first and then reformat my C drive and do another fresh XP install?
Old 04-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Ross H,

If your computer ran on the C drive alone, then the "Operating System- WinXP is on that drive. I'm not quite sure why you could not complete formatting of your Samples drive (It might very well take 2 hours to do a full format on a drive that large). You might try clicking on "quick format" and try again. The quick format will go a lot faster. My guess is that your Sample drive still says "System" because it did not finish formatting.

Good Luck,
Greg
Old 04-18-2009, 03:44 PM

OK...makes sense.

I am reformatting the Samples Drive again and see if it goes through this time. I did try a quick format but it would not allow me to do it.

Anyway...we'll see in about an hour and a half if it formats completely and we'll see if the C automatically reverts back to the (system) drive as currently the C drive says (boot) again.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross H View Post
OK...makes sense.

I am reformatting the Samples Drive again and see if it goes through this time. I did try a quick format but it would not allow me to do it.

Anyway...we'll see in about an hour and a half if it formats completely and we'll see if the C automatically reverts back to the (system) drive as currently the C drive says (boot) again.
good luck with that. the quick format failure is not a good sign tho. if it fails again then you might want to remove the sample drives, reboot with just the one drive installed and try to reformat the samples drive from a different machine.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff