Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2016, 12:36 PM

Default No new license in my iLok manager ...

Hi,

I just renewed 2 licenses for Pro Tools :

2 x Avid Pro Tools Annual Update Plan

But there is no new licenses in my iLok account,
and in my AVID account it still says 'Expired' :

Quote:
Annual Upgrade Plan Expired
Time Period: Dec 21, 2014 - to - Mar 31, 2017
Quote:
Annual Upgrade Plan Expired
Time Period: Dec 29, 2014 - to - Mar 31, 2017
What is going on here ?
Old 04-28-2016, 12:52 PM

Default Re: No new license in my iLok manager ...

As I understand it can take a day or so to show in your Avid account. If you only renewed your update/support plan, there is no new iLok asset needed.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 04-28-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
As I understand it can take a day or so to show in your Avid account. If you only renewed your update/support plan, there is no new iLok asset needed.

Joel
OK, got it !
Yes, I just renewed 2 Pro Tools update plans.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post

Joel
I renewed my upgrade plan today and the new expiration date (June 2017) is showing up in my Avid account as well as in the Application manager.
However if I try to refresh my iLok asset for the Plan it keeps showing the old expiration date (June 2016).
Will I have to wait and try to refresh it in 1-2 days again or will I have to contact Avid support?
Btw the iLok asset for PT12 Native inclusive the Plan was deactivated (in the iLok account/cloud, not on the iLok USB hardware) at the time I upgraded
the Plan. Could this have caused any problem? Just asking because I noticed there is no option to refresh the Plan when it is in the iLok account/cloud.
Please, leave me brief info what to do?

Thanks in advance, VRW
Old 05-08-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
...I just renewed 2 licenses for Pro Tools :
2 x Avid Pro Tools Annual Update Plan

But there is no new licenses in my iLok account,
and in my AVID account it still says 'Expired'...
Your account shows you renewed your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plans, so that part of each shows as Active (through Mar 31, 2017) and you'll continue to get new releases through 3/31/2017. You didn't renew the Plug-Ins and Support Plan on either so they show as Expired.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
I renewed my upgrade plan today and the new expiration date (June 2017) is showing up in my Avid account as well as in the Application manager.
However if I try to refresh my iLok asset for the Plan it keeps showing the old expiration date (June 2016).
Will I have to wait and try to refresh it in 1-2 days again or will I have to contact Avid support?
As mentioned in the Licensing FAQ, the Plan license is refreshed just prior to your previous end date (not at the time you renew). I couldn't find your account using your community email address, but based on your comment of a June expiration date I would expect to see your Plan license expiration date extended 1 year in June 2016.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
As mentioned in the Licensing FAQ, the Plan license is refreshed just prior to your previous end date (not at the time you renew). I couldn't find your account using your community email address, but based on your comment of a June expiration date I would expect to see your Plan license expiration date extended 1 year in June 2016.
Thanks a lot. I now have updated my email address to match it with my Avid account so you may be able to check my data. My Upgrade Plan for my PT12 Native license officially expires on 4th June 2016. Since I have renewed it in my Avid account as well as in my Application manager it shows the new expiration date 4th June 2017. That´s all perfect. As for my iLok asset to be updated I just will have to wait until June and it will be refreshable then, right? I don´t have to take any further action myself? Just to be sure.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
...it shows the new expiration date 4th June 2017. That´s all perfect. As for my iLok asset to be updated I just will have to wait until June and it will be refreshable then, right? I don´t have to take any further action myself?...
Triple checked your account... I see your Annual Upgrade Plan shows the new end date, so you will continue to get software releases through Jun 4, 2017. (You have a perpetual license, so that won't be interrupted.) The other part of this is the Plug-Ins and Support Plan (displayed as Standard Support with your product) and it shows you did not renew that. You can renew that any time via your account (go to your Pro Tools Software Upgrade with Annual Upgrade and Support Plan product, click Renew Support, uncheck the Upgrade Plan option, click Add To Cart...) and that will refresh the date of your Pro Tools Plan license in the couple days leading up to June 4.

Last edited by jeffro; 05-08-2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Corrected based on MyAvid account.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Triple checked your account... I see your Annual Upgrade Plan shows the new end date, so you will continue to get software releases through Jun 4, 2017. (You have a perpetual license, so that won't be interrupted.) The other part of this is the Plug-Ins and Support Plan (displayed as Standard Support with your product) and it shows you did not renew that. You can renew that any time via your account (go to your Pro Tools Software Upgrade with Annual Upgrade and Support Plan product, click Renew Support, uncheck the Upgrade Plan option, click Add To Cart...) and that will refresh the date of your Pro Tools Plan license in the couple days leading up to June 4.
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I'm on a budget at the moment so I decided to only renew the Upgrade Plan to receive all updates and upgrades for my PT software through June 4 2017 but to skip the plugins and the support. I like the plugins but I have got tons of 3rd party plugs so the Avid plugs would be a nice addition but not necessary for me actually. Same is true of the support. I will have to renew my HD Upgrade and Support Plan in June as well, so it's going to be a bunch of money to spend finally.
One last question. Did you mean that if I will not renew the Plugins and Support part of the plan as well I will not be able to refresh my iLok asset in June? However will receive software updates through June 2017? I just want to know exactly what's going on with the iLok asset in June. As long as I will be getting all updates for my software through 2017 it will be alright though.

Cheers.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
...I just want to know exactly what's going on with the iLok asset in June. As long as I will be getting all updates for my software through 2017 it will be alright though...
There will be no change with your (perpetual) Pro Tools license, but the Pro Tools Plan (bonus plug-ins) subscription license will expire June 4, 2016. You will continue to get Pro Tools releases through June 4, 2017.