Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Default More PT8 'Configuration List' bugs...

I posted one earlier re; the memory locations window gets a big white square covering it when swapping between window configurations, the only option is to APPLE/5 open & close it to get it to redraw properly...

Here is another;

When using workspace, one of my 'window configurations' is setup to open close the workspace window, I call it my 'SFX Search' configuration...anyway....the first time I open this for the day, I click on the search button (magnifying glass) and the search line pops open.....great...on PT7.4 this would stay open always from here on, even when switching between configs...now with PT 8, I have to click on the magnifying glass each time I revisit any window configuration that uses the workspace window...annoying. Why not just have the search pane always available, uses no extra space (a line) and isn't the whole idea of the workspace to navigate around my sound libraries..??

Another bug that would be great if it was fixed...all just time consuming when doing 12 hour days...
Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 PM

Default Re: More PT8 'Configuration List' bugs...

Me again - I posted this a year or so ago, but no replies. Reason for posting another comment, is that I recently had some bugs in a Neyrinck Plug-In (Thankyou Paul for your effort in resolving this...good guy!) where the plug would 'freeze' during certain operations. Paul Neyrinck 'Super-sleuth' found out the bug, which was caused because I use a third party peripheral - being a Kensington Trackball instead of a mouse.

Anyway - got me thinking, perhaps this is the reason I get these re-draw errors on my screens when switching between 'Window Configurations'...??

I've taken some screen snapshots and uploaded to a webpage;

http://www.mixosmosis.com/configsnaps.html

- Snap #1 is my 'normal' config. I then change to my 'Workspace' config. (Snap 2) then back to my normal config. (Snap 3)...see the big white square in the re-draw of the mem loc window..??

Any ideas Digidesign..?? (or do I say Avid now..??)

Thanks...!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Nate View Post
Me again - I posted this a year or so ago, but no replies. Reason for posting another comment, is that I recently had some bugs in a Neyrinck Plug-In (Thankyou Paul for your effort in resolving this...good guy!) where the plug would 'freeze' during certain operations. Paul Neyrinck 'Super-sleuth' found out the bug, which was caused because I use a third party peripheral - being a Kensington Trackball instead of a mouse.

Anyway - got me thinking, perhaps this is the reason I get these re-draw errors on my screens when switching between 'Window Configurations'...??

I've taken some screen snapshots and uploaded to a webpage;

http://www.mixosmosis.com/configsnaps.html

- Snap #1 is my 'normal' config. I then change to my 'Workspace' config. (Snap 2) then back to my normal config. (Snap 3)...see the big white square in the re-draw of the mem loc window..??

Any ideas Digidesign..?? (or do I say Avid now..??)

Thanks...!!
You actually may be onto something there. I've seen a few issues caused by Kensington drivers. A good test would be to uninstall those drivers and see if the same things occurs.

I don't see the problem on my Mac M-Powered 8.0.3 system in the quick test I did...
Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 PM

Thanks Digi....so I've un-installed all Kensington drivers from my system - I've run the un-install twice, and rebooted twice...I've also manually checked for any remnants of anything 'Kensington' and the computer is clear...

The problem remains...

Any advice..??

Thanks again!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM

hello,
it may not be reprodictible evrytime but i do have noticed the following point : when ever you un-install a soft, delete prefs, then re-install it - off course you check in between if anything has changed - but at the end, it may not be as effective as a clean install ou install + achive the old osx system.

it may also depend on witch soft you install first after a clean install, i would suggest "the" mac osx for your PT + osx update (combo if needed is better) + update all apple software. Launch all apps (check apps prefs if needed) - Restart - Check digi's recomandations for optimazing your mac then, install pro tools, try it and if evrything's okay, install all additionnal softs like mouse drivers, utilities... whatever you may want for mac.
repair auth after all install.

off course no K plugs or non-qualified plugs for the PT vs you're using

since PT 7 i'am using sort of "risky" config like both track ball expert mouse kensington + PE6r4 (6 cards) and never had any issue with it on a PPC (except one day with a non qualified chassis sold by my ex-resseller in Joinville le pont ) nor MP so far (live + plabacks or studio)

good luck
Old 05-27-2010, 01:38 AM

hey nate, i too, get that "doubled" vibe on my mem-loc window,
but not on my hd rig,
only on my LE home set up.

what happens on my hd is the transport window either coming up all white,
or when i have it in expanded mode
it shows up minus the synchro section.

(only on 8, in 7.4, all good.)
e
e.p.s. also, switching from 8 to 7.4 and back
the window configs are mostly a mess...
Old 06-01-2010, 07:54 PM

new drivers today:
http://us.kensington.com/html/1461.html

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig