Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Default Buzzes on playback

Recently I have encountered a problem that has made my PTMP 7.3 useless. When recording and playing back I get a short rythmic buzz. It is on all the tracks. It may have started after I installed my firewire card in my mackie onyx mixer and loaded the Traction software but I cannot be sure. I suspect some type IRQ conflict but don't know the best way to diagnose this problem. Up to this point I have never had a problem with PT since installing it over a year ago. Any advice would be appreciated...
Bill in Austin
Old 03-13-2008, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Buzzes on playback

Here is an update. I am still having the problem. I now suspect it is a clock synchronization problem. I upgraded from PT 7.3 Academic to PT 7.4 since my last post. The problem remains the same. I have tried using my cubase and logic software and those programs won't even play old projects. PT works but give the rythmic buzzing about every 2 seconds throughout the recording. If there is no sound then there is no buzz. It starts when music begins to play. This problem has completely shut me down now for several months. My hardware is a Delta 1010 and has worked fine for years. All other audio played through other windows programs play just fine. It is only associated with PT or other recording software. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: Buzzes on playback

Are you on Mac or PC? You're in the Windows forum, but you're talking about using Logic, which is Mac only.

Can you clarify that and give us a complete system spec?

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.