Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 07:31 AM

Default Could Digi post an official list of known bugs in 5.1?

Could Digi post an official list of known Bugs in 5.1? I know a company doesn't want to air it's shortcomings, but I think George Cumbee put it best in another post when he said, "I think we would all like someone to address this (the bug reports or 5.1 using an extra chip for the stereo mixer). Our system is in commerical use everyday and we can't afford the kinds of problems I have been reading about here".

I have already purchased 5.1, but am waiting to see if there are issues that would effect day to day business at my studio. I would be happy to wait for 5.1.1 if necessary.

It would be extremely helpful to know what to look out for when doing this upgrade. Clarity is a good thing.

Come on Digi, help us out here.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Stratman (edited March 14, 2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Could Digi post an official list of known bugs in 5.1?

I second that emotion.
George Charouhas
Old 03-15-2001, 04:58 AM

Is this against Digi policy?
Old 03-15-2001, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratman:
Is this against Digi policy?
yes it must be .. digi seem to be a greedy company who only care for the customers when it is in their interests and that of course is pre sale .... MOTU ... now they at least printed a list of known 2.7 bugs .. brave fair and customer friendly .. i have a feeling that someone is going to come out with a system very soon that will put pt in the dark .... in midi and audio .... with pci cards ... after all we all know that in both those areas pt do not perform the best ... it is only because they have a monopoly with avid that they continue to get away with it ... little competition is what digi lack at the moment and we all know when there is no competion people at those times just don't care.
Old 03-15-2001, 07:34 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there already a lengthy read me list that explores known problems? I seem to remember downloading it from the support page somewhere on the digi site before actually doing the upgrade.
Old 03-15-2001, 08:06 PM

Randy, there is a thread in general information for people who share your thoughts. Please, this is such a worn out diatribe. SO DON"T USE PT!
I happen to think the digi folks are pretty cool. There is a list of known issues. Nat sound is correct. New bugs are discovered everyday. They certainly released beta software, as usual, but I'm sure an update will come soon. It would be great if they would publish a dynamic, growing list of bugs as we, the users, discover them. No doubt there is a list growing in there lab. It would be nice to see it.

www.tompaul.com
Old 03-15-2001, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tomcat:
Randy, there is a thread in general information for people who share your thoughts. Please, this is such a worn out diatribe. SO DON"T USE PT!.
Its so interesting to click on the little sunglasses....so often it seems those ranting about Digi have just registered and have only a few posts - usualy all of the same kind. I think this place just atracts them, so I usualy ignore them, thats easy since they usualy have nothing useful to say.
SK
Old 03-15-2001, 10:08 PM

Thanks Tomcat,

Please let's not use this thread for any ranting. Let's see if we can get some useful issues discussed and see if Digi will give some kind of response to our requests.

Natural Sound said, "but isn't there already a lengthy read me list that explores known problems?" Of course there is, but as users start to report to Digi additional bugs that can be confirmed, it would be very beneficial to us to be made aware of troubles before we come upon them ourselves and have multiple posts of the same issues over & over again.

Let's take as much of the mystery out of known bugs as possible. A dynamic, growing list of bugs included on it's own page to the DUC, would be very productive. It would have to be an announcement board that only Digi staff could contribute to. There are to many users that confuse their own lack of knowledge of PT's with bugs.

I think that if Digi implemented something like this, it would only be a plus in their favor.

[This message has been edited by Stratman (edited March 15, 2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 02:45 AM

yeah, digi, a bug board! Secure, like your announcements category. How about it?

www.tompaul.com
Old 03-16-2001, 07:06 AM

err... i don't use pt ... just seeing how many people on here actually work for digidesign in some capacity !!!!! ...... i hear nuendo is coming .........