Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2019, 10:32 PM

Default Latency with LLM + Sends Persist Normal?

Kind of a hard question to describe, but I’m using an Apollo twin into pro tools 2019.6 ultimate (not sure if that matters) and monitoring thru console.
For tracking guitars I’ve been wanting to use the “sends persist” function and run a delay or reverb while utilizing LLM (since I’m monitoring thru console).
My buffer size I have set to 128 (anything lower and there is no noticeable difference other than higher CPU usage). With a simple delay setup on the send, I’ve noticed that I get a slight hesitation in the signal hitting the delay plugin. I’m assuming this has to do with the difference of monitoring thru console, and the audio running thru PT’s playback engine, but is there any way to reduce this at all?
Mind you, this is all going thru a writing template that I’ve built which has a lot of busses and returns so I can call up whatever on the fly and when it comes time to mix, it would be an easy segue. Also, I did route my tracks that I usually track just straight to my main outs instead of running them thru any bussing, and noticed a little less latency, but it’s still not quite there.

Any ideas or thoughts and reducing this?