Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Where did my interface go?!?!

Hi everyone. I recently crossgraded to Pro Tools 9 from 8 LE. I'm running on a Mac Pro, and my interface is a Motu 896HD. When I first installed 9, it was running great. All my i/o was exactly representative of the physical i/o of my Motu. After opening a few sessions though, I started having i/o problems. So I immediately went to my i/o setup. At the top of the i/o setup, the words went from saying "Motu 896HD" to saying "Pro Tools Aggregate Device" or something similar to that. Not only that, but it started to show my Mac Pro's internal speaker as an option in the i/o. I know that I can just delete the i/o paths that I don't want, but it still won't show all of the i/o that the Motu originally was showing before it switched to the "Pro Tools Aggregate Device". Anybody know what happened, or how to get my Motu to show back up in my i/o? Thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Where did my interface go?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PihSant View Post
Hi everyone. I recently crossgraded to Pro Tools 9 from 8 LE. I'm running on a Mac Pro, and my interface is a Motu 896HD. When I first installed 9, it was running great. All my i/o was exactly representative of the physical i/o of my Motu. After opening a few sessions though, I started having i/o problems. So I immediately went to my i/o setup. At the top of the i/o setup, the words went from saying "Motu 896HD" to saying "Pro Tools Aggregate Device" or something similar to that. Not only that, but it started to show my Mac Pro's internal speaker as an option in the i/o. I know that I can just delete the i/o paths that I don't want, but it still won't show all of the i/o that the Motu originally was showing before it switched to the "Pro Tools Aggregate Device". Anybody know what happened, or how to get my Motu to show back up in my i/o? Thanks in advance
You just switched to Aggregate I/O. This is a new feature in Pro Tools 9, along with being able to use any interface. You can combine interfaces together into an aggregate.

To switch to *just* the MOTU, you need only to select it in Playback Engine.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 12-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Where did my interface go?!?!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!. That's awesome. I was starting to think that my interface was defective